2016 Edge 357 Problems.

ScottyW

There has been numerous issues with my camper from an hour after purchasing the rig new. Heartland knows about the issues and are all documented but yet still refused to fix the unit. It has been over 2 years with not being able to contact the dealer where I bought it and heartland is aware. All I am told is it is the dealers problem not heartlands. I took the unit to a sister dealer several states away and the unit got returned in worse condition than I took it. Spending upwards of 55,000 on a camper and can’t get any satisfaction. Needless to say I hope I get some help on here.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that if Heartland already paid the dealer to perform warranty work they will not pay a second time.
You said that you were unable to contact the dealer, did you go there in person or were they dodging you're calls?
What issues are you having?

Peace
Dave

ScottyW

Dodging calls. I bought the unit from a show and the dealer was kind of local. For me to go to a dealer from where I am located is a giant inconvenience. My unit has issues that it could not even be towed and I was told that if I could not get it to the dealer than I was out of luck. The manufacture has paid for work to be done, but the work that was paid for was never completed. I have called he manufacture and explained this before they paid for the claim and they paid it anyway so now I’m stuck. There is safety issues like emergency window that will open and they were paid to replace it. Well the window still does not open. There answer was,”well there is a door you can go out”. I am so frustrated with this whole experience. I have owned campers for roughly 12 years and this was my first new one. Needless to say I will not be buying another heartland product if I cannot get any kind of answers.

I'm pretty sure that if Heartland already paid the dealer to perform warranty work they will not pay a second time.
You said that you were unable to contact the dealer, did you go there in person or were they dodging you're calls?
What issues are you having?

Peace
Dave

sengli

So far from reading what you have wrote, it looks like your dealer is the one dropping the ball. I wont take my rig to the dealer unless it was something I couldnt handle the repair job on my own. Hence your comment about they returned it to you in worse condition than it was when you took it in. Have heartland send you the parts and do it yourself. You would do a better job anyway, mainly cause you have a vested interest in the outcome.

This isnt like buying a car, your kinda on your own, especially if your dealer doesnt help.

ScottyW

I cannot handle delamination and replacing the floor on my own. Some issues I did have them send me parts and I completed the work myself. I can only do so much at my house as my garage will not accommodate a 42’ fifth wheel that is 13’3” high. Plus there is interior panels than need replacing and the cable needs to to be looked at. Possibly remove an interior roof panel. Some and most of the issues I can handle on my own but with the money spent and “extended warranties purchase” I should not have to touch it. Come to find out I got scammed on the warranties. They do not cover what the dealer said they will cover. It was say anything to make the sale. Once the sale was done, they wanted nothing to do with me.

So far from reading what you have wrote, it looks like your dealer is the one dropping the ball. I wont take my rig to the dealer unless it was something I couldnt handle the repair job on my own. Hence your comment about they returned it to you in worse condition than it was when you took it in. Have heartland send you the parts and do it yourself. You would do a better job anyway, mainly cause you have a vested interest in the outcome.

This isnt like buying a car, your kinda on your own, especially if your dealer doesnt help.