Newbie leveling jack question

I am a new owner of a used 2018 Road Warrior 427 Toy Hauler. Love the hauler so far but I have had an issue with a front leveling jack. Specifically, my front drivers side jack hasn't operated without assistance yet. Whether I'm raising or lowering I either have to push down on it with my weight or put a crow bar and then car jack under it and push up to get it going. In both cases, it eventually works. I just know that this isn't proper operation and wonder if this sounds like something simple or something that is going to need professional help. Any thoughts?

hoefler

Sounds like you might have hydraulic landing gear. It is normal for one to move with out the other. One will go down until it touches the ground and meets resistance, then the other will move until it touches, then they will move together to raise the rig. The same thing happens when raising the legs, they both will go up until the load of the trailer is on the truck, then one will raise all the way up until it tops out, the the other will move. All normal.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like you might have hydraulic landing gear. It is normal for one to move with out the other. One will go down until it touches the ground and meets resistance, then the other will move until it touches, then they will move together to raise the rig. The same thing happens when raising the legs, they both will go up until the load of the trailer is on the truck, then one will raise all the way up until it tops out, the the other will move. All normal.

X 2 I think this is what your seeing.

danemayer

my front drivers side jack hasn't operated without assistance yet. Whether I'm raising or lowering I either have to push down on it with my weight or put a crow bar and then car jack under it and push up to get it going.

Can you describe what happens if you don't push or use a crow bar.

Can you describe what happens if you don't push or use a crow bar.

I believe that it just hangs and will not start to move until I help it. I cannot say for certain that the other responses are wrong so I will double check but I don't think they are right. As an example, I see the middle and back jacks do what they describe. I don't think that is what is happening with the front jack but I will double check to be sure.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Push the button and you will see 1 of the 2 front jack ( the one with the least resistance) will go all the way down until it hits the ground causing more resistances on that jack, then the other jack will go down.

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This forum is amazing, lots of great people with the answers to most of your questions.
Glad we could help..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk