Fresh Water Fill-2008 Razor 3212SB

jp0950

I am having difficulties filling my fresh water tank, fill port is in the front of the trailer and the tanks are in the rear with many low spots in between. Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks,

onebrnsfan@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary521

The tank air vent has water trapped in it. The vent opening should be next to the fill. Put a small hose over the vent hole and blow out the vent. You will hear water gurgle. Keep the small hose handy as it will happen again.

TimN

While I don't have this model, I assume the basic premise is the same on the 3570RS Bighorn. However, as far as I can tell, the Anderson valve did not have the vent hose attached and I've since had to replace that guy with the BrassCo one anyway. Therefore, I have no discernible vent available for me to manipulate as described in the previous entry. I am wanting to fill the 75 gallon tank with water from my cistern using a pump in between the two. The line is definitely getting pressurized and I've gone to the trouble to call back to Elkhart for support at which time I was advised to open the faucets, which I tried. What that demonstrated is that when I've got water going into the fill port the water comes out the faucets (should that be happening with the valve on "FILL"?). If I close the faucets, the line pressurizes. I have consulted the Water Systems Guide v1.2 and studied the diagram in there, but short of digging into the soft, black underbelly of this beast, I have no clue where to find the "Fresh Tank Vent" line. I am thinking this shouldn't be this difficult...

danemayer

While I don't have this model, I assume the basic premise is the same on the 3570RS Bighorn. However, as far as I can tell, the Anderson valve did not have the vent hose attached and I've since had to replace that guy with the BrassCo one anyway. Therefore, I have no discernible vent available for me to manipulate as described in the previous entry. I am wanting to fill the 75 gallon tank with water from my cistern using a pump in between the two. The line is definitely getting pressurized and I've gone to the trouble to call back to Elkhart for support at which time I was advised to open the faucets, which I tried. What that demonstrated is that when I've got water going into the fill port the water comes out the faucets (should that be happening with the valve on "FILL"?). If I close the faucets, the line pressurizes. I have consulted the Water Systems Guide v1.2 and studied the diagram in there, but short of digging into the soft, black underbelly of this beast, I have no clue where to find the "Fresh Tank Vent" line. I am thinking this shouldn't be this difficult...

You have a different problem than the original post, as a 2008 wouldn't have a 4-way Anderson Valve. To fill on your rig, the valve must be set to TANK.