My factory service center experience

RickL

My warranty process started in June of 2018 and after numerous calls and emails (along with repetitive pictures) I was finally given a July 2019 service date. My issues ranged from simple items, coffee table not staying latched while traveling, the fridge moving so you couldn’t open the right hand door all the way, to a suspension shackle/link being worn almost all the through, the bed slide floor rotting out.

Once in Elkhart I was met by Ron the service manager. He was attentive and understood my frustrations with the issues. Unfortunately on the way to the facility I stayed at a campground from ****. Even after asking when I checked in if they can handle large rigs (“oh, we get them in all the time”) pulling out in the AM (making the mistake of not going against the grain) I almost tipped the trailer on its side as there was not enough room to make a decent swing. The trailer cap came down and crushed the tailgate and punched a hole in the cap. One of my issues was a crack in the roadside sidewall just in front of the forward slide. Ron said we have to take the cap off to repair so I asked what he would charge to fix my snafu. He said I’ll take care of it as we’ll be in there anyway. Big plus number one.

Next, in showing him my shackle worn almost all the way thru he said he’d get a hold of LCI. Which they came out and said everything as far as they were responsible for was fine but we needed to contact Dexter. Long story short, Dexter came out and replaced all the springs, the shackles (looks as thick as the MorRyde) wet bolts, and such. Big plus two.

Next they removed the bedroom slide to rebuild the floor but then decided to also remove the large slide too and replace that floor ( due to a less then stellar plumbing for the washer I was flooded 3 times). So both slides and 3 of the schwintek motors were repaired/replaced. Big plus three.

Along with some some other miscellaneous items all was handled to my satisfaction. Big plus four.

So so now you waiting for the #$@&$#.

So so after reinstalling the rebuilt slides I was able to check out of the local hotel (we fulltime) and was able to sleep in my rig again after 10 days. I did a load of laundry to double check everything- everything worked!

They brought the rig back in the next day to finish some items and so I could do a walk thru to insure all was handled. I signed off as all items were handled. So I did another load of laundry once it was pulled out and parked ONLY to find that the discharge hose was not installed into the drain. Thus flooding my new slide floors once again. In conversing with Ron the following day I was told they had pulled the washing machine out to pressure check the system and failed to reinstall the discharge hose. Ron took full responsibility and told me via email that if I have another issue with the floors they would handle it. Big negative two.

All that being said, if you clearly state your issue and are realistic with expectations you’ll have a positive experience.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We had some factory work done right before the rally and during the pre rally. Ron, and Elaine were AMAZING to work with. They were very busy but still fit us in on short notice. They fixed everything on our punch list and then some. We are so happy with the entire experience from start to finish. I can not praise them enough. Then they loaded up the entire crew and supply's and headed to the Goshen Fair Grounds to take care of everything they could for as many Heartland RV owners as possible for a entire wet and rainy week. That was incredible. THANKS HEARTLAND and Jim B. for setting it up.

There full hookup RV sites out back are nicer then most RV parks.

Jerrod

tlkidd

When we were at the Goshen Rally this year we asked the service staff to take a look at some small cracks in our fiberglass where they had previously repaired ‘pin flex’. They immediately relayed the message to Ron who came down to take a look. He told us that he would schedule an appointment at the service center later in the summer to have it looked at again to make sure that there was no additional flexing. True to his word, we received a call from Elaine shortly after we returned home to schedule that appointment. We have just returned this past week and we couldn’t be happier with the service we received. Not only did they repair the cracks which they determined were not structural but they also adjusted our big slide and sealed and installed glides on the bottom of it to protect the edges from moisture. They have gone above and beyond in taking care of us since our unit is over eight years old and we are very grateful. A big ‘shout out’ to the Ron, Elaine, Dena and the rest of crew at the service center. Thank you so much!!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I must be the odd man out on this. I'm generally not one to be confrontational...ask my wife. We had warranty work done in April of 2018 on our "previously unowned" 2015 BH 3875FB that we purchased in September of 2017. Heartland agreed to set up an appointment for late April 2018 as we were headed south for the winter. The dealership in Lansing, MI took pictures of all the issues prior to our taking possession and everything was set to go. The transporting of the trailer was set up by the dealership and Heartland, and I was a little dismayed that I had to haul the trailer and hour and a half back to Lansing for the transport company to get it. Six and a half weeks later we were informed our trailer was ready for us to inspect, so we headed for Elkhart. Everything was going pretty well until we were taken into the shop to do our inspection. I naively thought we would find our trailer all spic and span since much of the warranty work was exterior delamination on both side of the coach. It was covered with dust and had some sort of splattered material, obviously from the next trailer over. My wife looked at the trailer, then me, and said to Terry ( I think he was the shop supervisor at the time), "I expected the trailer to be all washed and cleaned up?" The response was that they didn't have the facilities to do that. Two guys off the street with buckets and hoses could accomplish it??? I started to have a bad feeling already. I did my best to do a thorough inspection of the exterior, even having one the techs clean up some areas so I could see things better. Long story short, we have an exterior that has blemishes around the area that was reworked, and already I'm seeing the same delamination one the off-door side in the same area that they fixed. They claimed they had the root cause corrected...I guess not. Overall I was not impressed with Heartland and it's handling of our warranty claim.

Forgive me for raining on your excellent experience with them. Apparently it was a bad day for them as well.

pegmikef

My Oshkosh recently underwent extensive factory level repairs, but to accommodate our schedule, Heartland Service referred us to Affinity RV Repair Group in Goshen, IN. Since I have posted accolades and problems encountered in Facebook, I am not going to repeat it here. Just suffice it to say we are very pleased with the work completed on our coach and the opportunity to work with and observe Rod, Bob, Jonna and all the other members of the Affinity crew. Despite some administrative authorization problems all the work was completed and the Affinity crew could not have been nicer and made sure that our needs were met. To me, Heartland Services also should receive a lot of credit here because they anticipated our repair needs and made sure we were referred to a repair service as capable as Affinity. I have had a myriad of problems with this so called luxury Landmark, but I have to say that through them all, Heartland has done their best to rectify them.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So I'm going to start the second round of warranty work. I contacted the service dept. and have received an email back with the attached form. I was notified that I would have to transport the unit to and from the factory since "it was so far out of warranty". Heartland states they have a 3 yr. warranty on structural components so why is there an issue? I will play their game, but I can say that this time the unit WILL be completely cleaned on the exterior or I will refuse to accept it. Not a happy camper with Heartland!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So I need to update the situation with our last visit to Heartland. I got a call from Elaine on Wednesday 10/30/19 informing me of a cancellation. If I could get my trailer down to them soon, they could spend a week analyzing and go from there. On Friday 11/01/19 the wife and I took it down and dropped it off. Elaine met us at the warranty repair office on Dexter Ave., and introduced us to Dena who would be our service writer and contact. Dena went over our list of concerns which were the same as the first visit just about a year prior. She took some pictures and after about 30 minutes we were headed home.

Now I have to say that with Dena, this experience was way better than the last time. I never got one email or phone call from Heartland during the nearly 8 weeks they had our trailer the first time around. Dena was in contact with me, sometimes twice a week, via email, supplying pictures and informing me of all the progress and what was being done. She emailed me on Thursday 11/21/19 that my unit was complete and we set it up for me to come down the next day to inspect and pick it up. There were some decals that were no longer available, so our rig has a modified look, but the changes (except for one) are hard to catch unless you are really looking for them. Incentive for full body paint I guess...

20191108_door side in progress (resize).jpg 20191108_off door side in progress (resize).jpg 20191120_door side finished (resize).jpg 20191120_off door side finished (resize).jpg

Some of my faith in Heartland has been restored after this experience with the warranty department, and I just hope that these issues don't pop up again.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

So glad to hear this and also glad you took the time to post the positive experience. Ron, Elain, and Dena are all wonderful people inside and out.
Those cosmetic changes just makes it unique !!! :)
One of a kind

Happy trails

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk