Main tv replacement in 2016 Newport

Has anyone replaced the main tv on the swing arm mount & did the tv mount holes line up with the swing arm mount?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathi-27

replaced ours in 2019 Newport with samsung 4g had to redrill holes to get centered correctly up and down

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I had to replace the TV in our 2015 Newport. Original TV was a size they do not manufacture anymore so I had to improvise the new, slightly larger TV. I used a ton of wire ties to mount it to the old swing arm. From the front, you cannot tell the difference, but from the back it sure looks like a jury rigged set-up. Not the ideal situation, but it has held for the last two years so I'm staying with it. Because the new TV is slightly longer, I cannot open the swing arm the full way, but it is sufficient to get behind the TV to all my DVD's and books.

Bobby A

I replaced my 10 year old Samsung 32 inch TV with a 40 inch Samsung, the holes matched up perfectly.

Oldelevatorman

The TV in our ‘17 Landmark Newport went out and we went to Best Buy and bought a new Samsung. The new mounting holes weren’t close to the old holes so I had to add some flat stock to adapt to the swing arm and also add a piece of wood trim to cover the gap at the bottom!
cc7f50399ba638e49dcd77c1c8e40766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk