Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brake Help Needed

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Brake Help Needed

Call Dexter. The brake assemblies and axles come from Dexter pre-assembled. They may have an idea, and I think they have a 5 year warranty these days. They may reimburse the repair cost.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

2. Print this Post   #12

Quote Originally Posted by WillyBill View Post
    IMHO...I'd bet that the slack adjuster was in backwards or for the wrong side (One of the reasons that there is a Left and Right side assemblys) causing the adjuster to tighten up a little bit every time the brakes were applied. Not unheard of. Factory and DIY people have both been known to make this mistake so it would not be a surprise. Only other explanation I can think of is if parts were not installed correctly.

WB
    Spoke with Dexter this morning and because we are within the 2 year warranty period, they may reimburse us for the repair. They seemed very receptive in finding the cause of this issue. We shall see......
    PeterW
    i4110peter
    2013 Ram 2500HD Diesel
    2018 BH3160

May God Bless Your Day

3. Print this Post   #13

Quote Originally Posted by i4110peter View Post
    Spoke with Dexter this morning and because we are within the 2 year warranty period, they may reimburse us for the repair. They seemed very receptive in finding the cause of this issue. We shall see......
    Heard back from Dexter and they are going to reimburse us for the parts and labor. My hat's off to Dexter for their attention to the customer and their warranty policy.
    PeterW
    i4110peter
    2013 Ram 2500HD Diesel
    2018 BH3160

May God Bless Your Day

4. Print this Post   #14

I had my self adjusting brakes fail also. #6 is Little Rock AR. and # in Montana. I had all brakes replaced under warranty. continued trip to Washington and then back home to Florida. during the trip I researched Disk Brakes, they are Electro/hydraulic operated. While towing my Cyclone 4200 close to gross weight I had to set my brake gain to 10 to get the brakes to work effectively (factory brakes). When I got home I ordered the Disk Brake system from performance Trailer Braking. the whole system for 6 wheels cost $2000.00. They offer to send a team out to install the system and test drive with you (My team was a husband and wife) the install was an additional $1200.00. Since the install we have made another trip out west plus numerous short trips totaling 12,000 miles without a problem one and my brake gain is down to 4.0.disk brakes are the way to go best money spent for the safety of my family.

5. Print this Post   #15

Going to Disc brakes is the best money you will ever spend for any RV upgrade.
    When you’ve towed with Disc brakes, and compared the difference, you wonder why it is not offered as an option on every coach made.
    I believe the customer should have the choice of which system they want, and would surely pay the additional cost for this upgrade.
    This upgrade could very well be a life saver, surely is a nerve, white knuckle, and prayer saver.
    Performance Trailer Braking is an excellent company and the owners and installers, (Heartlanders) are the nicest people in the world.

Hockster
    HOC: #1621
    2019 Bighorn 3760EL, 2011 Ford F-350 Diesel DRW Crew Cab Long Box FX/4,
    Last Coach 2011 Big Country 3450TS.

2010 Michigan Rally-Ludington, MI., 2011 National Rally-Goshen, IN., 2011 Michigan Rally-Suttons Bay, MI., 2012 Michigan Rally-Hopkins, MI., 2013 National Rally-Goshen, IN., 2014 National Rally-Urbanna, VA., 2016 Michigan Rally-Marshall, MI., 2017 National Rally-Goshen, IN. 2018 North Central Regional Rally-Ludington, Michigan. 2018 Michigan Rally-Empire, Michigan. 2019 National Rally-Goshen, IN. 2019 Wisconsin Rally-Lake Delton, Wisconsin, 2019 Michigan Rally-Jenison, Michigan, 2019 Indiana Rally-Elkhart, Indiana

Retired Heavy Industrial Journeyman Electrician.
    U.S. Army Southeast Asia Veteran 1966
    Marlene & Gary Hock
    Yellow Lab, Molly
    Winters spent in Foley, Alabama at Anchors Aweigh RV Resort.
    We live the rest of the year in Port Huron, Michigan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2