Yosemite National Park

yport

We will be in the Yosemite area end of this week. Does anyone have any park suggestions for big rigs that are not too far away from the park entrances ... and suggestion on which of the 5 entrances are better?

Thanks in advance ... and ... if you find yourself heading to Cape Cod, MA sometime be sure to give me a shout ... I manage one of the visitor centers there and can make your time spent on the Cape enjoyable!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

2 parks we have yet to stay in but I have driven through both.

#1 Is a bit tighter to get the big rigs in and around but has cell service. This is 21 miles from west gate

#2 Is much bigger but no cell service. This one is 6 miles from the west gate

Priest Grade is a heck of a climb but doable.
What ever you do DON'T take Old Priest Grade !!!!

03e809bfbe341b0319d5a55bcb0fa303.jpg

41cfcff951df0d65c6e195f92c849117.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yport

2 parks we have yet to stay in but I have driven through both.

#1 Is a bit tighter to get the big rigs in and around but has cell service. This is 21 miles from west gate

#2 Is much bigger but no cell service. This one is 6 miles from the west gate

Priest Grade is a heck of a climb but doable.
What ever you do DON'T take Old Priest Grade !!!!

03e809bfbe341b0319d5a55bcb0fa303.jpg

41cfcff951df0d65c6e195f92c849117.jpg

Great info ... thanks a lot for the comeback :)

Oldelevatorman

Hey Glen, we met you at a rally back there a couple years ago and then saw you at the C of C and you gave us all the great spots to see on the Cape, thank you for that. When we go to Yellowstone we stay at Grizzly RV park near the West entrance in West Yellowstone. Spendy but very nice! There are a couple others in town as well but don’t know the names! Have fun and we may see you back at the Cape again soon I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

We stayed at a nice, but tight RV park in Gardiner, Montana for ten or eleven days only three or four miles (if that) from the south gate of Yellowstone. The park was
www.rockymountainrvpark.com. We enjoyed it very much.

We will be in the Yosemite area end of this week. Does anyone have any park suggestions for big rigs that are not too far away from the park entrances ... and suggestion on which of the 5 entrances are better?

Thanks in advance ... and ... if you find yourself heading to Cape Cod, MA sometime be sure to give me a shout ... I manage one of the visitor centers there and can make your time spent on the Cape enjoyable!

Wow, that's good. When i will vist in town surely I will conact you.

mlpeloquin

I have been up Old Priest Grade in a car several times in a car before the bypass was built. If you like really steep and hair pins go up Old Priest Grade. The now not so new Priest Grade isn't all that bad. Steep in places, but not like Old Priest Grade. Old Priest Grade was used by people with tent trailers and teardrop 50's/60's stile trailers going into Yosemite National park to stay in the park itself years ago. Our good friends used to take their tent trailer up that grade and was always uncomfortable doing it. A drive with a view though, so long as you are not the driver!

Oldelevatorman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Are you an Escapees member. There is a park called Park of the Sierras. FHU, plus wifi and cable...$27per night. Check out the Escapees website... It’s about 1 hour from the Mariposa entrance, on Hiway 41.
Good Luck,
Sally

wdk450

I have been up Old Priest Grade in a car several times in a car before the bypass was built. If you like really steep and hair pins go up Old Priest Grade. The now not so new Priest Grade isn't all that bad. Steep in places, but not like Old Priest Grade. Old Priest Grade was used by people with tent trailers and teardrop 50's/60's stile trailers going into Yosemite National park to stay in the park itself years ago. Our good friends used to take their tent trailer up that grade and was always uncomfortable doing it. A drive with a view though, so long as you are not the driver!

I came DOWN Old Priest Grade (by accident - GPS?) years ago in a rented minivan with 4 large people in it. The brakes were SMOKING at the bottom of the hill stop sign.

Hey yport, I was at Cape Cod last month, but your offer is still useful for me as I'll be again there in March, and this time with my family. I will contact you once the journey days are finalized.