No AC Power to Wash Machine Outlet

Kyles2325

Hello! I have a 2019 37BHS and the electric plugs in the back bunk room and rear bath as well as the washer (dryer worked) were not working. I flipped the GFI in the rear bath and that fixed the plugs however the washer still has no power. Checked breakers and fuses on the stairs and all seem fine.
I also checked the GFI in the upstairs bath as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Oregon_Camper

I'd pull the plug out of the wall and see if it is connected properly.

BTW...I think you have 2-3 GFI breakers...check all of them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't rely on a visual of the breaker.
Turn the breaker of then back on.

Peace
Dave

Kyles2325

Don't rely on a visual of the breaker.
Turn the breaker of then back on.

Peace
Dave

I flipped all the breakers and the main also. Checked 50 amp cord.
Even re-checked the fuses. Tried to see if the washer had a reset switch but not seeing one.
Thank you all for the help!

mlpeloquin

Check the connections inside that socket, because they may have worked loose. They are most likely insulation displacement. You will have to turn the power off and remove the back to expose the wire connections to the socket. Just pull the gray plastic backing of the socket off. Three of mine worked loose and had to be reinserted. It is best to replace the socket with a S&B shallow box socket. I have replaced two so far and another one will be replaced after the next three rallies in a month or so.

I should also add that the open maybe at the other end in another socket. My first one took me on a journey through several sockets until I found it. They are daisy chained as well as paralleled. Meaning that there maybe three connections in one socket.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
I concur of the receptacle. My Landmark had 2 20 amp receptacle looped for washer and dryer. Both where bad trying to rub 12 awg wire in sultan displacement. I fixed both but will be replacing during next maintenance with boxes and regular outlets. I already did the outlet for the convertor as it was bad as well.