Dawn Liquid detergent for clean/lube

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
On my last trip for the season I will put 1/2 gallon of Pine-Sol in the black tank on the drive home With 15 gallons of water let it sloshing around real good and then I dump

pjones1969

We use dish detergent, put in a full bottle, fill and let it sit, then dump.

We have also put a bag of ice down the toilet before we head out and let it slosh around while we are on the road, dump when we get to our destination.

I’ve also done ice and dish detergent at the same time while traveling, same as above, dump when we get there.

Can’t say whether it helps or not but sure can’t hurt anything, so far no issues.

Jerapais

We use dish detergent, put in a full bottle, fill and let it sit, then dump.

We have also put a bag of ice down the toilet before we head out and let it slosh around while we are on the road, dump when we get to our destination.

I’ve also done ice and dish detergent at the same time while traveling, same as above, dump when we get there.

Can’t say whether it helps or not but sure can’t hurt anything, so far no issues.

Thx for the great info!

Fox

After I drain my black tank I additionally add two/ three minutes worth of clean water (thru the rinse cycle), by I add several onczes,s of generic dish detergent and several onceens of Calgon water softener.

BarbandFrank

You can make your own mixture to add to tanks.

Use an empty one gallon bottle with lid and add:

-40 ounces of Pinesol
-1/2 cup of Calgon bath pearls (I get mine from Amazon)

Slowly fill the gallon container with water and gently shake to mix. Shake again before using.

Add 1/2 cup of this solution to each tank (black and gray) when they are empty - after you have dumped your tanks. In warm weather, use more solution - 1 cup. Add a bit of water to the tanks after you have added the solution.

Also - I regularly clean my my toilet bowl and all sinks with Dawn dish soap.

All of the above will keep your tanks fresh and well lubricated.

Good luck.

Jerapais

You can make your own mixture to add to tanks.

Use an empty one gallon bottle with lid and add:

-40 ounces of Pinesol
-1/2 cup of Calgon bath pearls (I get mine from Amazon)

Slowly fill the gallon container with water and gently shake to mix. Shake again before using.

Add 1/2 cup of this solution to each tank (black and gray) when they are empty - after you have dumped your tanks. In warm weather, use more solution - 1 cup. Add a bit of water to the tanks after you have added the solution.

Also - I regularly clean my my toilet bowl and all sinks with Dawn dish soap.

All of the above will keep your tanks fresh and well lubricated.

Good luck.

Love the recipe! Thanks

Lynn1130

I use about a cup of Dawn down the toilet after making the final dump and flush of the tanks. I then add about 10 gallons of water and travel with that solution. I dump and flush the tanks again before storage. I use the same solution again before traveling to, where ever, and dump upon arrival. This keeps the tanks pretty clean. I use Happy Camper in the tanks during stays.

Jerapais

I use about a cup of Dawn down the toilet after making the final dump and flush of the tanks. I then add about 10 gallons of water and travel with that solution. I dump and flush the tanks again before storage. I use the same solution again before traveling to, where ever, and dump upon arrival. This keeps the tanks pretty clean. I use Happy Camper in the tanks during stays.

Thanks Lynn