water to my new frigidaire

roy2

hello everyone. looking for how do i hook up the water to our new frigidaire ice box. i know were the hook up is under the sink.i dont want to use that or use the fresh water from the parks i stay in.6 months in az the water in town is bad realy bad.we have been useing the water we get in town out of the water filters machines. has anyone come up with another way of supplying water to the ice box. the wife would love to use the cold water line and the ice cubes from the ice maker. i do have a rv 10,000 water softener still dont like drinking that water. any of you come up with any ways of doing it. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

You'd need a way to get your bottled water into the fridge line, which would require a small pump. Close the valve under the sink and disconnect the existing poly feed line. If you can find space for your water bottle under the sink, put the pump suction line into the water bottle and connect the poly feed line to the pump output.

But I suspect the big problem would be finding space for the water bottle. I assume you're getting 5 gallon jugs. That would probably have to go in the basement storage and you'd probably have to run a new water feed line from the basement to the refrigerator.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it was me I'd install an RO system.
You can plumb your refer in line right to the RO accumulator tank.

Peace
Dave