2020 bighorn 3870fb Satellite Connections

Hambizil

When hooking a dish satelite off of a teipod set up should the cables from the lnb on the dish be connected to satelite feed to living and bedroom or satelite feed roof coil lnb1 and roof coil lnb 2.

danemayer

To the living room and bedroom connections. The ones that go to the roof don't connect to anything until you install a rooftop dish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambizil

Thanks for all your help. So i hooked into the rooftop feed last night night just to see what would happen and it worked in my bedroom but nothing in the living room. Im not getting any signal when i use the ports you are saying to plug into could that mean they may have the cables hooked up wrong.

danemayer

Thanks for all your help. So i hooked into the rooftop feed last night night just to see what would happen and it worked in my bedroom but nothing in the living room. Im not getting any signal when i use the ports you are saying to plug into could that mean they may have the cables hooked up wrong.

There are lots of possibilities.

In manufacturing, it's pretty easy to get the cable order wrong when connecting to the back side of the UDC coax connectors. So try each of the cables.

At the other end, near the living room TV, you may have a wall plate with 2 coax connectors; one for satellite, the other for antenna/cable. As you're trying different connectors in the UDC, you may also have to try different connectors in the living room.

If no success, examine each connector to make sure 1) the fittings are not loose, 2) no loose strands of ground wire are touching the center conductor. I think Heartland is using compression fittings nowadays, so the connectors are less suspect, but check anyway.

Hambizil

Cables were criss crossed in the basement. Used trial in error moving them around to figure what conection went to what. Thnaks for the help.

philbrook

Don't feel to bad. I purchased a new Big Country in September of 2019 and on our first trip we could not get cable or satellite and only over the air in the bedroom. Took unit back to point of sale while under warranty and after a week they stated they found 4 coax connectors were shorted due to exterior shielding wire contacting center core wire. They fixed and then pinged (toned) system and said all was good. Not so. Brought unit home, hooked up satellite and still could not receive satellite. Back to point of sale. Message yesterday from service rep stated that under warranty they had finished dropping the underbelly and pulled all new coax cables. Needless to say I will be connecting my satellite before I leave their repair shop to verify. :(

Follow up 3/30/2020: Got 5th wheel back. Satellite in living area now, still zip in bedroom. I remedied by running new coax through back of dresser area through handy raceway I found under window then through basement and to OEM satellite connector plate in fresh water connect area. Everything else works fine. OTA etc.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader

In your udc there are 4 coaxial ports, I used jumpers to each. that is the 2 on the left, I jumper-ed each, then the 2 on the right, I jumpered them together./

We had a lot of trouble getting our satellite unit working in our 3760. I pulled the plate out in the closet and found that the splitter was not working, I re-did the ends and mad sure they were snug, no problem after that.