My nightmare began in April

larrypart1

Cyclone 3713. 2020 model

i bought mine at a RV show in the Salt Lake Utah area. I took possession in April. My RV has never fully worked since I bought it and my dealer is a nightmare. Just one example; the air conditioning above the bedroom was vibrating so bad it shook the walls in the bedroom. It also made a ticking noise when it was running. The dealers fix; it was vibrating so bad the fan was hitting the styrofoam shroud around the fan so they broke half the fan shroud off and that fixed the noise......problem fixed (but it still vibrates. I am currently looking at 15 items that don’t work properly and need replacing. It sat at the shop for two months before I took it. I checked with the factory.....the parts weren’t ordered. I’m retired and took a chunk of money to help pay for this. It is a nightmare. Can anyone ... help me.
Larry.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

Lookup and find a good independent RV repair facility. Make sure Heartland approves of the repair shop and will work with them. Independent shops don't want your rig sitting around, because space is limited. They order parts quickly and get the work done. They cannot afford a bad reputation. Call Heartland and see if they have an independent repair facility already approved in your area. It only took mine to call Heartland and get approval for warranty work and parts ordered the same day.

wdk450

Larry:
Make a posting about this on RVServiceReviews.com . I highly recommend that potential buyers check out the dealers on this website before considering buying from them.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Definitely call the Factory and get guidance from them. Seems your dealer is worthless. I would recommend you working with them and offer to do some of small the repairs yourself, They will send you the parts and will appreciate you making the effort to get this all behind you ASAP. Most of us have been through the exact same thing..

Just my experience anyway.
Good luck
Jerrod

- - - Updated - - -

larrypart1

Definitely call the Factory and get guidance from them. Seems your dealer is worthless. I would recommend you working with them and offer to do some of small the repairs yourself, They will send you the parts and will appreciate you making the effort to get this all behind you ASAP. Most of us have been through the exact same thing..

Just my experience anyway.
Good luck
Jerrod

- - - Updated - - -
Thank you Jerrod. I contacted the factory, as suggested. They were very sympathetic to my plight and have offered to help anyway they can. The wheels are turning.

- - - Updated - - -

Lookup and find a good independent RV repair facility. Make sure Heartland approves of the repair shop and will work with them. Independent shops don't want your rig sitting around, because space is limited. They order parts quickly and get the work done. They cannot afford a bad reputation. Call Heartland and see if they have an independent repair facility already approved in your area. It only took mine to call Heartland and get approval for warranty work and parts ordered the same day.

Thank you for the advise. I contacted the factory and they pointed me in the direction of another dealer, as you described. They were very sympathetic and helpful

larrypart1

Cyclone 3713. 2020 model

i bought mine at a RV show in the Salt Lake Utah area. I took possession in April. My RV has never fully worked since I bought it and my dealer is a nightmare. Just one example; the air conditioning above the bedroom was vibrating so bad it shook the walls in the bedroom. It also made a ticking noise when it was running. The dealers fix; it was vibrating so bad the fan was hitting the styrofoam shroud around the fan so they broke half the fan shroud off and that fixed the noise......problem fixed (but it still vibrates. I am currently looking at 15 items that don’t work properly and need replacing. It sat at the shop for two months before I took it. I checked with the factory.....the parts weren’t ordered. I’m retired and took a chunk of money to help pay for this. It is a nightmare. Can anyone ... help me.
Larry.

After a a couple calls to the factory, I received a call from the owner of the dealership I purchased my unit from. Apparently the factory called him..... He was very apologetic and explained that he is not aware of problems like this unless someone tells him. I sent him pictures of half *** repairs and repairs that were listed as fixed but not fixed. He assured me heads will roll because of this and ask me to bring my trailer to the dealership this Friday. He is meeting me on the lot with his NEW service manager and he assured me the tech that worked on my trailer will no longer be there. The parts I need will be taken from other new models and placed on my trailer. He saw pictures of the bubbles appearing on my roof and could believe the service manager said that is normal. I haven’t slammed this business on social media or other outlets because I was still hopeful. The owner promised this will be made right within two weeks.

I will I’ll keep everyone posted. Thank you for your concern and replies.
Larry.

Niles

Wishing the best for you, sounds like Heartland had a coming to Jesus meeting with the owner. Seems like RV dealerships always wants the sale, and never worry about anything after that. On the fix for your AC it sounds like you have a bent shaft, on your fan. I would think at the least it would take a new fan motor to fix. Good luck!

larrypart1

Larry:
Make a posting about this on RVServiceReviews.com . I highly recommend that potential buyers check out the dealers on this website before considering buying from them.
Thank you for responding. I am saving this review site. If I don’t get satisfaction this time I will be posting everywhere about this dealer. I have even contacted the consumer protection agency for Utah. They said I can make a complaint of fraud for the fake repair they did to my AC, and other fake repairs. The owner seems very sympathetic and states he had no idea his service dept was being run like this. We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Wishing the best for you, sounds like Heartland had a coming to Jesus meeting with the owner. Seems like RV dealerships always wants the sale, and never worry about anything after that. On the fix for your AC it sounds like you have a bent shaft, on your fan. I would think at the least it would take a new fan motor to fix. Good luck!

It is definitely a bent shaft on the fan motor, which should be a easy fix, but by tearing the fan should in half they have complicated it.

larrypart1

Be sure just to post - the good and the bad.

follow up on my issues with my new trailer. The owner has stepped up and fixed all the issues within 2 weeks. But it’s still at the dealer. The hold up is the roof. Bubbles have appeared on the roof. Not small bubbles long ones, small, round, at various locations on the surface. The edges have bubbles in several spots also. The factory is saying this is normal. Myself and the dealer have said there is no way this is normal. The factory claims it’s caused by changes in the weather and they will go away. It’s been 6 months have they have only gotten worse. The dealer is fighting for me. I’m calling the factory again tomorrow and plead my case again. If anyone on this site was buying a trailer, inspected the roof and saw these bubbles there is no way we would buy it. The dealer says the sealer under the roof appears to be failing and it needs to be replaced.

Attachments

• 83D1463E-C739-4B47-8A84-A674D8504FCA.jpg
    83D1463E-C739-4B47-8A84-A674D8504FCA.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 53
  • CBBB90CC-782B-4B82-8D86-637196B79854.jpg
    CBBB90CC-782B-4B82-8D86-637196B79854.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

danemayer

follow up on my issues with my new trailer. The owner has stepped up and fixed all the issues within 2 weeks. But it’s still at the dealer. The hold up is the roof. Bubbles have appeared on the roof. Not small bubbles long ones, small, round, at various locations on the surface. The edges have bubbles in several spots also. The factory is saying this is normal. Myself and the dealer have said there is no way this is normal. The factory claims it’s caused by changes in the weather and they will go away. It’s been 6 months have they have only gotten worse. The dealer is fighting for me. I’m calling the factory again tomorrow and plead my case again. If anyone on this site was buying a trailer, inspected the roof and saw these bubbles there is no way we would buy it. The dealer says the sealer under the roof appears to be failing and it needs to be replaced.

Larry,

Apart from what's normal and what's abnormal, something should you consider is what has to be done to get rid of the bubbles.

You may be thinking that Heartland should authorize a warranty replacement of the roof. If they do so, you should understand that replacement of the roof is extremely invasive. All vent covers, skylights, fans, a/c units, side trim, and ladder have to be removed. The rubber roofing will be cut where it meets the front and rear caps. When the rubber is pulled up, the underlying luan is likely to be damaged. The dealer will then sand down the remaining luan, apply new luan, and then apply the new roofing material. Then all of the vent covers, skylights, a/c units, etc. are put back. Everything gets re-caulked. As you might imagine, it takes a high skill level to get all of this right the first try. And even then, you'll have seams at the front and rear that need more careful maintenance than the original roof.

As an alternative, some people have just pierced the bubbles and injected adhesive. Then a small Eternabond patch is applied over the injection site.

WillyBill

IMHO.....This type of roof issue can almost always be explained by the factory installers not using enough glue between the Luan and the Rubber membrane-or by letting it dry waaaay too long. Either way it's a mfg defect. Even if you just have the bubbles glued down - not a bad solution - it should be done at the factory's expense. They know this is the cause - it shows up all across the industry frequently. JMO. Good Luck!

WB

carl.swoyer

Cyclone 3713. 2020 model

Larry.
Hello Larry
I also had a nightmare in 2012.
But I can honestly say Heartland
Will fix everything! They always required pre-approval and never said I couldn't talk directly with customer service.
If you're not comfortable with the dealership that you purchased from maybe a trip to the factory could be another option. I did go to the factory for repairs and we were treated excellent.
I took delivery 12 -31- 2011
I have zero regrets about my Landmark Rushmore purchase.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
I have the same bubbles on the side of Landmark roof, have seen them on older Landmark's as well. I am not too worried about these, they are a bit unsightly but water tight. None on my roof at this point. I agree with the major reconstruction for a new roof and problems further down the road.

larrypart1

contacted Heartland today. They are sticking by “the bubbles are normal. Contacted the roof manufacturer and they agreed with me, after seeing the photos, the bubbles are not normal. The roof was not installed properly. All information was passed on to the dealer for follow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Larry
I also had a nightmare in 2012.
But I can honestly say Heartland
Will fix everything! They always required pre-approval and never said I couldn't talk directly with customer service.
If you're not comfortable with the dealership that you purchased from maybe a trip to the factory could be another option. I did go to the factory for repairs and we were treated excellent.
I took delivery 12 -31- 2011
I have zero regrets about my Landmark Rushmore purchase.

The dealer has come through for me. Dealing with the factory now. Thank you for responding.

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO.....This type of roof issue can almost always be explained by the factory installers not using enough glue between the Luan and the Rubber membrane-or by letting it dry waaaay too long. Either way it's a mfg defect. Even if you just have the bubbles glued down - not a bad solution - it should be done at the factory's expense. They know this is the cause - it shows up all across the industry frequently. JMO. Good Luck!

WB
I contacted the roof manufacturer and they said the same thing. The roof was not installed properly. The manufacturer is willing to talk with Heartland.
thanks for the reply

- - - Updated - - -

That’s actually pretty normal for a rubber roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to the roof manufacturer, after seeing the pictures said small bubbles can occur, but 12 inch bubbles in several locations is not normal and is trouble down the road. The roof was not installed properly, according to the manufacturer

- - - Updated - - -

Larry,

Apart from what's normal and what's abnormal, something should you consider is what has to be done to get rid of the bubbles.

You may be thinking that Heartland should authorize a warranty replacement of the roof. If they do so, you should understand that replacement of the roof is extremely invasive. All vent covers, skylights, fans, a/c units, side trim, and ladder have to be removed. The rubber roofing will be cut where it meets the front and rear caps. When the rubber is pulled up, the underlying luan is likely to be damaged. The dealer will then sand down the remaining luan, apply new luan, and then apply the new roofing material. Then all of the vent covers, skylights, a/c units, etc. are put back. Everything gets re-caulked. As you might imagine, it takes a high skill level to get all of this right the first try. And even then, you'll have seams at the front and rear that need more careful maintenance than the original roof.

As an alternative, some people have just pierced the bubbles and injected adhesive. Then a small Eternabond patch is applied over the injection site.

thank you for the reply, and I understand completely what your saying. The dealer has replaced several roofs in the past and is aware of what it involves. They claim the roof will be better than a factory install, which is easy to say looking at my roof. The problem I have of doing a half fix of injecting the bubbles, which also requires a patch over it, is this is a 2020 trailer that I paid a lot of money for. The factory will not take it back, so I say make it right.

Attachments

• CDACC667-4912-4856-8B51-6294824D0146.jpg
    CDACC667-4912-4856-8B51-6294824D0146.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 20

carl.swoyer

I believe that bubbles that size are an incubator for moisture between the roof and the roofing membrane/ material.

danemayer

carl.swoyer
I believe that bubbles that size are an incubator for moisture between the roof and the roofing membrane/ material.

Everyone except the factory agrees with you.

I think everyone might agree there wasn't enough adhesive, or that something like dust prevented adhesion in those spots. I don't think everyone would agree that there's air/water intrusion into a bubble, making it an "incubator of moisture".

carl.swoyer

I think everyone might agree there wasn't enough adhesive, or that something like dust prevented adhesion in those spots. I don't think everyone would agree that there's air/water intrusion into a bubble, making it an "incubator of moisture".
I did not say water got in. Simply stating that the cavity could create condensation " moisture" from the natural process being hot and cooling off.