Fresh water tank source for Prowler Lynx 2016 31LX

Jentfur

Help! I have a major water leak in my fresh water tank and need to replace it. I will have to call Heartland and get a part number because I cannot find one on the tank itself or any of the documentation I have. But I was wondering if there were any specific retailers that were inexpensive and not poor quality. I live in my RV full time and am on a fixed income, so I am trying to find the cheapest replacement be I can find. Previous patches have failed now for the 3rd time. No more repairs for me, this time I am going to replace it so I don't have this issue again - hopefully. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Jentfur,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I don't recall many tank replacements being discussed, but I'm sure if anyone has any experience with tanks, they'll be quick to share.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum. It may be possible to patch it... after a couple more post, you will be able to post pictures. A picture of the leak will help.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
More info on the leak would help us.

And, after you make a couple more posts here you'll be able to put up some photos of the leak if possible.

One other place you might find some help with this is over at the Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook page...

We have over 350 members there that may have some insight on this issue as well!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/307339586436356/

Jentfur

I have used flex seal tape to attempt to patch it. I have a fresh water tank that has a hole in the middle of it and my leak is at the top I have not tried JB Weld. I will work on removing the flex seal tape and try JB Weld and see if that stops it for now, I have nothing to lose but more water. Will keep you posted. Fun times. 😁