Heartland Cyclone Problems

Rocksolid

I bought a 2012 Heartland Cyclone 3950 HD. Do all these have LOTS of problems?

Had to replace the refrigerator ($1400)
Wall bubbled at exterior of frig.
Water Heater not working.
Fuel station pump not working.
Garage exhaust fan not working.
Rear stabilizer legs motor not working.
AC had to be serviced and filled.
Tires blown out due to not having Load G - Damaged fenders
Generator fuel line had to be replaced.
Hot and Cold lines were reversed at exterior faucet.
Seals at slides are deteriorated.
Material is peeling from furniture.

Keep in mind this unit was kept in the dry for at least 3 years and used as a vacation home for 4 years being only used about 5-6 times a year.

Are all these having this many problems? We have friends that just bought a new one and they cant hardly camp for taking it to be repaired.

Any help?

danemayer

Seems like our 2011 Landmark has something break each year including some of the items on your list. Generally it's been appliances and components supplied to Heartland (and the rest of the industry) by various vendors. This year it was a landing jack and fabric on one of the slide toppers. Last year the washing machine and the power converter.

I do most of the repairs myself.

BLR

We have 2017 4018 Cyclone that has been virtually trouble free..
We live in it full time..
The only issue we had was within 30 days a slide and it was fixed.
We are DYIers if a problem crops up we figure out how to fix it..
Crap happens and these are rolling earthquakes..due to the lack of infrastructure hiways. JMO

Sent from BLR Logistics

hoefler

We have had our 06 Landmark since 09. Had the tire failure and cracked wheels and the cracked frame above the spring hangers. Other than those itemes, we have been trouble free. We like this unit so well, instead of trading it, I have added disc brakes, 17.5 wheels and tires, generator, waher/dryer, dishwasher, RO drinking system, remodeled the kitchen with new induction cook top, microwave/convection oven, built an island, added dedicated outlets. Don't plan on trading/selling it for quite some time.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum. Did you complete a pre-delivery inspection on the unit? A lot of problems on used units come from a lack of upkeep by the previous owners.

Lynn1130

It sounds like, with the limited use, annual inspections and routine repairs were not being done. Several of the items you mention, such as the fuel station issue are covered in other threads here. In most cases if it powers up but does not pump fuel it is swelled gears. RVs like anything else needs periodic inspections.

MTPockets

It’s my opinion; RV’s that get irregular use, and sit unused for months at a time, are more prone to many of these issues. We lived in ours full time for nearly five years, fridge was always on, A/C’s Used a lot, etc.... we did replace a microwave after four years, and an electric awning motor in first two years under warranty by Dometic..... no other issues....

2TrakR

Have 2011 3950.
Fridge still works. Wonder if wall bubble was related to your fridge failure.
Our water heater failed, but that was my winterization problem.
Fuel pump quit. That was the swollen gears, an issue the manufacturer has admitted to. Sanding the gears solved it.
Garage fan still works.
No motor on our rear stabilizer legs.
AC (both units) still work.
Tires blew out. Kind of a known issue, they put tires made to get it from the dealer to your full-time camping location and then it should never move again. I've run Carlisle with good results (on 2nd set).
No genset on ours, so fuel line works yet.
Slide seals are going on ours, the rubber is shot.
"Leather-like" material peeling on our furniture.

Then on our other list, besides normal wear/tear.
Skylights failed and needed replaced.
Automatic transfer switch failed, poor install it appears, new replacement sent by manufacturer.
Suspension "bumpers" between the spring sets failed, Dexter provided new ones.
Floor under the dinette slide failed, I put a new one in.
Water pump failed, was beyond the initial warranty.
Rim had hole in it, needed replaced.
Few other items too.

I bought a 2012 Heartland Cyclone 3950 HD. Do all these have LOTS of problems?

Had to replace the refrigerator ($1400)
Wall bubbled at exterior of frig.
Water Heater not working.
Fuel station pump not working.
Garage exhaust fan not working.
Rear stabilizer legs motor not working.
AC had to be serviced and filled.
Tires blown out due to not having Load G - Damaged fenders
Generator fuel line had to be replaced.
Hot and Cold lines were reversed at exterior faucet.
Seals at slides are deteriorated.
Material is peeling from furniture.

Keep in mind this unit was kept in the dry for at least 3 years and used as a vacation home for 4 years being only used about 5-6 times a year.

Are all these having this many problems? We have friends that just bought a new one and they cant hardly camp for taking it to be repaired.

Any help?