Two receivers on a swim dish

david5311

I have a swim dish on a tripod with only one wire coming out. I want to hook up a genie to the LR and a mini to the BR. Is there a special splitter I need to use at the dish to run two coax cables to wet bay?
I have done a search but come up with nothing.
thanks for the help
David

danemayer

This is the splitter you probably need. You probably also need a power inserter to send DC power to the LNB on the dish. Notice on the picture of the splitter that power pass through only 1 of the splitter ports.

You'll probably want the splitter to be in the Universal Docking Center (UDC). The single wire from the dish connects to the splitter. The coax wires to your living room and bedroom connect to two of the four ports on the other side of the switch. You'll probably put the power inserter at the Genie receiver and connect that coax line to the power port on the splitter.

david5311

This is the splitter you probably need. You probably also need a power inserter to send DC power to the LNB on the dish. Notice on the picture of the splitter that power pass through only 1 of the splitter ports.

You'll probably want the splitter to be in the Universal Docking Center (UDC). The single wire from the dish connects to the splitter. The coax wires to your living room and bedroom connect to two of the four ports on the other side of the switch. You'll probably put the power inserter at the Genie receiver and connect that coax line to the power port on the splitter.

That is the information I was needing. Thanks
David

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using a SWM setup on a tripod for years although a little different configuration than what Dan described.
The main things are to use the correct ports on the splitter and get the power inserted in line.

Peace
Dave

david5311

I have been using a SWM setup on a tripod for years although a little different configuration than what Dan described.
The main things are to use the correct ports on the splitter and get the power inserted in line.

Peace
Dave

Am I correct in assuming an HR54 provides power to the dish and no power inserter is required, not even on the client receiver in the bedroom and the HR54 has to be connected to the red port on the splitter?

SNOKING

Things seem to have changed regarding power for the SWM LNB.

Attachments

• hd-direct-tv-with-hdmi-connections-wiring-diagram-in-directv-genie-throughout.jpg
    hd-direct-tv-with-hdmi-connections-wiring-diagram-in-directv-genie-throughout.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 40

david5311

Thanks everyone for the information. We made it to the lake and have both genie and client working. Only problem I had was when trying to get client working the TV kept saying no signal. Work with it several minutes before i realized i didn’t have it turned on.

SNOKING

Which dish has a built in multi-switch?
the Slimeline with SWM LNB is a switch of sorts it supports multiple receivers on a single coax. The original SWM LNB's supported 8 receivers, the newer ones something like 22. A genie uses 5 receivers. Mini Genies use receiver channels from the Genie when they are active. It use to be only one Genie was allowed on a SWM LNB, now I believe you can have more than one.