Problem with auto leveling jacks

dana22

Hi!
We have a 2016 Landmark Ashland. We have been having difficulty with the
Lippert auto leveling system. When auto level is pressed, the kitchen side jacks will only come down about 4 inches and stop while the door side jacks work like they should. The display will say everything is leveled when it isn't. We contacted Lippert and received instructions for recalibration. Even after that, nothing changed. Typically we will have to control the system manually to level the unit.

We were wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and could offer any suggestions other than what we've tried already.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi!
We have a 2016 Landmark Ashland. We have been having difficulty with the
Lippert auto leveling system. When auto level is pressed, the kitchen side jacks will only come down about 4 inches and stop while the door side jacks work like they should. The display will say everything is leveled when it isn't. We contacted Lippert and received instructions for recalibration. Even after that, nothing changed. Typically we will have to control the system manually to level the unit.

We were wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and could offer any suggestions other than what we've tried already.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I would check your batteries to make sure they are fully charged.

avvidclif

I quit trying to figure out the auto level system in the first year of ownership. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't AND it only understands "go up" never lower this side. I bought and installed a Level-Mate Pro by https://logicbluetech.com and have never looked back. I can level the rv faster than the auto level and better. They now have a control for awnings etc that you access with your phone. Drive up and it's raining, pick up phone and roll awning out.

A very happy customer for over 4 years.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
This is my procedure for auto leveling

Raise front of RV just enough to unhook truck

Hit auto level on control panel. Front always has to be above your unhook from truck

When getting ready to hook truck back up press left and right arrows at same time to raise truck
back to/close to when you unhook from truck. You may have to adjust some up or down.

Hook truck up to RV and do a tug test to make sure you are connected.

Go to control panel and scroll to auto retract and hit enter

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
I quit trying to figure out the auto level system in the first year of ownership. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't AND it only understands "go up" never lower this side. I bought and installed a Level-Mate Pro by https://logicbluetech.com and have never looked back. I can level the rv faster than the auto level and better. They now have a control for awnings etc that you access with your phone. Drive up and it's raining, pick up phone and roll awning out.

A very happy customer for over 4 years.

I was interested in the app you were using. I looked it up but I cant figure out if it somehow ties into the Auto Level system or if you are just using it to show you when the trailer is level and adjusting the auto level manually.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was interested in the app you were using. I looked it up but I cant figure out if it somehow ties into the Auto Level system or if you are just using it to show you when the trailer is level and adjusting the auto level manually.
I watched their video and it seems like it's a $140 level. No controls.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Our 2011 has an early level of 4 point levelup. Lippert thought it was a good idea to prevent it from auto-leveling a 2nd time, probably thinking the 2nd push would be an accident. But it turns out if you auto-level at location 1 on Monday, auto-level won't do anything at location 2 on Tuesday, unless you cut battery power. I tried doing so for a while but concluded that it was simpler to manually level. I have 2 small bubble levels stuck on the coach so I can see when it's level. The manual leveling display also shows by way of flashing lights, and with a digital count, how close I am to being level. It turns out manual operation is fast and easy.

avvidclif

It is a small box. It has nothing to do with the Lippert system. When the rv is level it is installed on the interior close to the middle of the trailer, follow instructions.. The box doesn't have to be perfectly level. Once installed you connect with (in my case iPhone via Bluetooth). It shows a front and side view of the trailer and has a calibrate routine in the setup menu. Also in the setup menu is the length and width of the trailer. Once calibrated (and I calibrated the Level-Up at the same time) it will show the trailer level F-B and S-S. When arriving at a campsite I turn on the box and login to it with my phone. It will show the level of the trailer in 1/4" increments both F-B and S-S. Find the best spot for the rv looking at your phone (try that with a manual level). After unhooking memorize the unhitch position for future use. Go to the Level-Up control and put it in manual mode and level the RV. I start with F-B but it doesn't matter.. Run the slides out and get setup. Pull out the phone and you can see any changes in level. Momma says RV isn't level at any time, check it. If not easy fix. Ready to pull out? I raise the rear jacks with Level-Up panel and recall the unhitch position and hook up. Last thing is turn off the box as the battery won't last forever. The range is 50-75' from what I have seen.

Think it doesn't work in 1/4" increments? Level and then walk over and step on the steps going in and see how much it moved. Grin I've had all the leveling with a level I want, inside freezer, kitchen cabinet etc.

You can download the app from the App store.