Need A Diagram for a dummy

RB2012

Could someone post a diagram on the subject of a 30 amp portable Gen (non Inverter) 3500 Watt that is mounted in the back of my truck. I want to install a receptacle in the front of the fiver so I dont have to drag the 50 amp cord as far as it will go and then have to plug another dogbone cord that will have to be another 20 ft to reach the truck. (going to AK next year want convenience) Should that receptacle be 30 or 50 amp? Now when running wires from receptacle do I need A transfer switch and should that be 30 or 50 amp, now keeping in mind that I have a EMS Hard Wired Progressive Surge Protector so If I do need a transfer switch does that go before the surge guard or after it, or if a transfer switch is needed do I go right to the breaker box Please with an explanation and I definately need a diagram, also what is a floating neutral. I seen a post between porthole and Adam hunter covering this but like I said and Iam not ashamed I got lost (no offense Porthole) electricity is not my strong point
Capt RC

BLR

We have a Fiman 3000 gen in back of truck and a approximately 25' 30amp cord

Not the best pictures to much sunshine
c65481d424a7e050b1ef163c81e960d1.jpg
21486fbdc44a19645d4f1579590f899c.jpg

Sent from BLR Logistics

carl.swoyer

Could someone post a diagram on the subject of a 30 amp portable Gen (non Inverter) 3500 Watt that is mounted in the back of my truck. I want to install a receptacle in the front of the fiver so I dont have to drag the 50 amp cord as far as it will go and then have to plug another dogbone cord that will have to be another 20 ft to reach the truck. (going to AK next year want convenience) Should that receptacle be 30 or 50 amp? Now when running wires from receptacle do I need A transfer switch and should that be 30 or 50 amp, now keeping in mind that I have a EMS Hard Wired Progressive Surge Protector so If I do need a transfer switch does that go before the surge guard or after it, or if a transfer switch is needed do I go right to the breaker box Please with an explanation and I definately need a diagram, also what is a floating neutral. I seen a post between porthole and Adam hunter covering this but like I said and Iam not ashamed I got lost (no offense Porthole) electricity is not my strong point
Capt RC
If you're rig has generator prep run your outlet off the junction box for the generator. Be careful not to wire in a manner that would have the factory pigtail hot.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk