Residential Frigdiare Units.

wolfrat1

Is Heartland doing anything to help us owners of the these units. I mine hasn't worked in two years. I have called and written to Heartland severals times and have yet to receive an answer from them until August of this year. The gentleman ( use the term very loosely) sounded like some slick talking used car salesman. I took great offense to that. Told me there was nothing the company could or would do. Told me that I would have to take the slide out to access the frig. When I asked for someone in my area that could look at the frig, I got a very sharp nope. I'm almost to the point of driving my Landmark back to Elkhart and telling to do what needs to be done. I have 100 buck little frig sitting on my counter for food and that shouldn't have to be. The RV shops in my area won't come out because they claim they don't work on residential units. Just seeing if anyone else is having this non curing headache. It just seems too many people are having issues with these refridgerators for the company not to listen or do anything.

danemayer

Hi wolfrat1,

It can be difficult to get anyone to repair any refrigerator these days. Last time I tried at home, the service guy said it wouldn't be worth repairing. So it wouldn't surprise me if you might need a replacement unit.

I'm surprised at the idea the slide has to come out to remove the fridge. Even if the kitchen island makes it difficult, it's a lot easier to move an island than to remove a slide. With the fridge doors taken off, I'd expect it would go out the main entrance door and a replacement could be installed.

Maybe an independent service shop would be of help removing the refrigerator and helping to install a new one.

farside291

I called Frigidaire directly and they walked me through the troubleshooting steps to isolate it to either a controller board in the door or the main controller under the from kick panel. Then they recommended repair shops in the local area who would be able to install the part. I ended up ordering both boards and the first one I changed fixed the problem. I then called back to Frigidaire and they gave me return info to send back the unused board. Very good customer service. If you haven't already done so, try calling them. Electrolux and Frigidaire are part of the same company. Just have your model number ready.

CoveredWagon

I had what I thought a problem with my Frigdiare very early on. I called their customer service and they were ready to send out a service tech. Turned out it wasn't needed , but their custom service was extremely helpful.

BLR

Call the Fridge manufacturer it's not a heartland product.
We have used our Hisense full time for 2 years running mostly off of the inverter..
Boondocking
With never a problem..
2017 4018 Cyclone

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

wolfrat1

Call the Fridge manufacturer it's not a heartland product.
We have used our Hisense full time for 2 years running mostly off of the inverter..
Boondocking
With never a problem..
2017 4018 Cyclone

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics
Thank you. More help than Heartland.

- - - Updated - - -

I called Frigidaire directly and they walked me through the troubleshooting steps to isolate it to either a controller board in the door or the main controller under the from kick panel. Then they recommended repair shops in the local area who would be able to install the part. I ended up ordering both boards and the first one I changed fixed the problem. I then called back to Frigidaire and they gave me return info to send back the unused board. Very good customer service. If you haven't already done so, try calling them. Electrolux and Frigidaire are part of the same company. Just have your model number ready.
Thank you.

carl.swoyer

I removed and replaced the circuit board in my frig. Used a putty knifeTo pop off the plastic trim and then the circuit board is a plug-and-play I also had to fix a capacitor. On the compressor that too was also plug and play you may be able to fix this yourself. this fridge however is in my house yours is in the RV the circuit board is in the door if there's a capacitor on the compressor you may be able to access that from the back I don't know

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk