Freezer door

Oldelevatorman

We have a ‘17 LM Newport with the 2-door Frigidaire unit. Our freezer door is not aligned properly with the other door. I can’t get to the hinges to adjust it because of the cabinet and the fact that I can’t move it out. Where is it fastened? When the inverter is off the freezer heats up from -2 to about 20! The power is off at the moment here in NorCal and I shut it down during the night to conserve batteries for about four hours which tells me it doesn’t seal like it should. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NP_Chief

FWIW... we recently had to purchase a residential fridge for our house. I noticed that almost every model we looked at had doors that did not line up. Three different people, from three different places told us they all come that way. We ended up buying a Frigidaire and it's about 3/8" off from fridge to freezer, but seals fine. Once the freezer is without power, it basically becomes a big cooler and the temp will go up over time. If you have an infrared thermometer, shoot it around the freezer door while its running, if it's not sealed somewhere, you'll be able to tell.