2018 Bighorn traveler mattress

JimnDonna

Question for the group. Does anyone know who manufactures the matress that comes in the Traveler? The label say cougar platinum series, black label. We have less than 30 nights on the mattress the body signature is about 3" for my husband and 2.5" for me. we are not large people, 200 and 130lbs. Heartland did replace the first one while still on warrenty, the second did the same thing in less than 30 nights. We are now of course off of warrenty, We are looking for recommendations for a good, fair priced mattress to replace this one. We dont want to break the bank but our backs are suffering. Also we want to stay away from who ever manufactures this mattress.
Thank you,
Donna and Jim W

david-steph2018

Question for the group. Does anyone know who manufactures the matress that comes in the Traveler? The label say cougar platinum series, black label. We have less than 30 nights on the mattress the body signature is about 3" for my husband and 2.5" for me. we are not large people, 200 and 130lbs. Heartland did replace the first one while still on warrenty, the second did the same thing in less than 30 nights. We are now of course off of warrenty, We are looking for recommendations for a good, fair priced mattress to replace this one. We dont want to break the bank but our backs are suffering. Also we want to stay away from who ever manufactures this mattress.
Thank you,
Donna and Jim W

When we bought our Road Warrior we purchased a DENVER Mattress. It was expensive, around $1100, but it does sleep good. Here in Ohio there is a company called "Original Mattress Factory" After we bought our Denver when we were buying a new one for the house they told us they could make one for the RV. It was about 1/2 the price.

LBR

We purchased a Brentwood thru Amazon for our CY after the first month of backaches.

Kbvols

We also have a Denver Mattress and really like it. The Denver mattress sleeps very well, it is slightly firmer than the TempurPedic we have at home. I actually prefer the Denver over the TempurPedic.

My experience with RV mattress’s is that they have all been pretty poor quality. We just dealt with the ones in our first 2 rv‘s as it seemed silly to replace due to expense and limited use. I was hopeful that the mattress that came in the Bighorn would be of better quality unfortunately it was not. We caved and bought the Denver mattress and for us was money well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sengli

With both our new fivers, we retained the factory mattress, which was lackluster... but put a 3" foam topper on it. it was great. Plus we didnt have to spend $1k for a new mattress.

WillyBill

We put a residential queen in ours. It is a "Personal Comfort" dual zone air adjustable - like a sleep number but less than 1/2 the price. Love it! Would buy again. On sale we paid under $700 delivered 3 years ago.

WB

Ducky

We have a 2017 BHT 32RS and purchased a Dreamfoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Short Crazy Quilt Pillow top mattress (10" thick full size King Mattress) from Amazon. All I can say is AMAZING!!! I believe the cost was between $250-300. Little tight on the sides, but stays in place and is extremely comfortable.

Fox

A few years back it was time to replace our home mattress. Hundreds of choices- and every one claimed to be the best.

About that time Consumer Reports (CR) did an eval of mattresses. They were impressed with the Casper brand of mail-able/ in a box foam mattress; it came with a satisfaction warranty and was one of the cheaper options. Trusting CR we ordered one; now (4 or 5 years later) we're still satisfied with it (on top of our prior bedsprings).

Over these past several years CR has also suggested other foam brands; the March 2019 issue of CR again suggests looking at the Casper brand. Find this mag and give it a good read.

Our king size was shipped (100+ lbs) in a double wrapped cardboard box, tightly rolled up (with all the air suctioned out) - as such it likely will make it much easier to move into your camper. And when you break its air seal stand back and watch it grow.

https://casper.com/mattresses/caspe...V4QsKYq5SaWhUzH_L90aAiFEEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Outside of being a happy camper I have no financial interest in this company.

JimnDonna

Thank you all for your responses. We bit the bullet and tossed out the 30 day old and supported a local mattress manufacturer in Oregon.

Donna