winterizing my NT 22

dkbruhun

After draining and bypassing hot water heater on are T.T., draining Black, gray and fresh water tanks. Opening gravity drains and until water stops coming out on level ground.
and continuing with adding bout 3 gals. proper RV antifreeze with siphon hose at water pump.
we are seeing pink at all faucets hot and cold inside and outside.
Finally my question is....
Should i add any RV antifreeze at the city water inlet?
I'm assuming water from that fill point should have been drawn or pushed/mixed with pink solution and in to the drain.
We had read winterizing manual and not sure if low air pressure needed to be applied at city inlet in addition to siphon method.
Thanks for any input.

danemayer

First, I'm assuming you don't have a 4-way Anderson Valve that controls the water system, because on those units, the antifreeze is sucked in through the city water inlet.

Based on the many tens or hundreds of thousands of RVs that probably never do anything about the water inlet, I'd say you're probably pretty safe.

WHERE IS THE SIPHON HOSE LOCATED???? AND how do you access the pump?? I have a Northtrail 21FBS but i am not finding the siphon hose. I can hear the pump running near the fresh water tank but do not see anyway to access it without tearing a lot of stuff off.

danemayer

WHERE IS THE SIPHON HOSE LOCATED???? AND how do you access the pump?? I have a Northtrail 21FBS but i am not finding the siphon hose. I can hear the pump running near the fresh water tank but do not see anyway to access it without tearing a lot of stuff off.

Location varies. Perhaps another 21FBS owner will see this and chime in.

In general, the bypass valves and siphon hose are usually close to the inside of the water heater. So start on the outside and locate the water heater, which has a removable cover. Then go inside to that same position. You may find a removable panel in a cabinet or near kitchen drawers.

Location varies. Perhaps another 21FBS owner will see this and chime in.

In general, the bypass valves and siphon hose are usually close to the inside of the water heater. So start on the outside and locate the water heater, which has a removable cover. Then go inside to that same position. You may find a removable panel in a cabinet or near kitchen drawers.

THANKS!!!
I found it behind the panel near the furnace. I also found that the water has bypass valves installed already, So now I just have to get it done!!