High amp draw 120v breaker on kitchen slide

Arnoldjol

Hello
I have a 3000w inverter hardwired to a sub panel that handles only the plugs for the inverter.
My problem is when I turn on the 120v breaker to the kichen slide that also holds the tv and entertainment center my amp reading on my battery goes from 4 amp to 34 amp and voltage drops from 12.6v to 11.5 v...needless to say I switched I of...then unplugged all 120 v appliances including microwave and tv and entertainment center.
I am still getting the high draw on that circuit.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Arnold in Mesa

- - - Updated - - -

Btw ..I have a 2015 big country 3150RL

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaffer

Maybe the reefer. Is it on A/C? 34 amps on your inverter input is less than 6 amps on the A/C output.

Arnoldjol

You are absolutely right...I need to put the fridge on manual propane so it wont go to AC on the inverter....solved!!
Thx for suggesting

danemayer

Probably should take the refrigerator breaker out of the sub panel. Leaving it in the sub panel invites a mistake that could leave you with a dead battery.

For example, if you are camping and are on shore power, you'd have the sub panel breaker turned on and would probably switch the fridge to 120V AC mode to save propane. But if you pack up and forget to switch the fridge over to propane mode, you could have a pretty dead battery at the end of your towing day. And depending on the fridge, some have AUTO mode that goes to propane mode if no 120V AC is present. In your case, an AUTO mode would stay on 120V AC operation drawing down the battery.