Looking for Atlanta, GA & Florence, SC over night parks?

Chippendale

Heading from Central Texas to New Bern, NC for Thanksgiving. Planning on traveling about 300 miles per day and have all stops planned (easy in and out over nighters) except for around Atlanta and Florence, SC. Will be traveling on I-20 and would like a park not too far off I-20. A park on the west side of Atlanta would be great so as not to have to tow through afternoon rush hour. Would of course prefer pull troughs and not have to un-hitch. I have never been in the area, any suggestions? Thanks

DwayneHicks

I live on the West side of Atlanta and just off GA Hw113 (5 miles off I-20) we have the Little Tallapoosa RV Park. They have pull throughs and full hook-up. We love getting away for a long weekend even though w live close by.

770-214-3580

cds1

As far as the Florence area, there is Lumberton KOA which is north just off I95. I have never stayed there but you can see it off the interstate. There are a couple more options up toward Fayetteville, one I think is Fayetteville Rv Resort. Not sure if that is on your route. Safe travels...

Chippendale

Would like to thank you who responded. I think I have reservations made for an itinerary that will work for me finalized now. Will stay west of Atlanta at Senic Dr. RV Park at Anniston, AL Monday night and and then Tuesday night at The Barnyard RV Park in Lexington, SC. Should make it to my destination just outside New Bern, NC Wednesday afternoon in time for Turkey Day on Thursday. You guys are what makes it so great to own a Heartland and be a member of a group of RVers that are always ready and willing to help each other.

Thanks again,
George

PS: Nabo, I am a friend of "The Little Guy" and he mentioned that I ought to follow him up to your Regional Rally in Charleston. Will probably be in touch after this trip.