Well not how I wanted to end my first trip

Fern

Got back from my 18 Sundance maiden voyage and was flushing tanks. I had lot of fresh water so decided fill the grey by running bathroom faucet.
Left it running while I hooked up the black tank flush (yeah you know where this is going).
Came back inside and the sink plug had closed and sink was full.
I pulled that plug so fast I caused a little water to over fill. I got a towel and cleaned the little water I spilled exorcist to find a puddle of the sink overflowing but may have found it in time.
Outside I noticed water dripping (drop every 10 seconds). I took off the access panel to the tub and where the furnace vent was reached in felt very little water like almost nothing none the less I cleaned up and got to work drying and searching where the water came from if not from the sink that I thought had overflown (but don’t think it did)
Long story short appears pvc pipe just past the p trap that has the vent tube was never glued. It popped right off and think maybe the constant water flow dropped out and ran along the pipe
So learn from my mistake and check your plumbing
c5ab4fa4266ca08c3fc7614143a7d5d4.jpg
bc17723fc5ad12a56be4d027e1778112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

My most memorable one (5/6 years back) was NOT fully locking the hitch pin to my fifth - and trying to pull away.
The fifth was undamaged but the truck suffered.

farside291

I now check under the kitchen sink to make sure the plumbing is still connected. Flooded the underside of the sink because of the exact same condition. P-trap came loose while traveling. Didn't notice it until I drained the sink after washing dishes. Fortunately I had installed a water alarm under there that came with the water filter I had installed and it was screeching so I was able to get the sink plug back in before too much mess.

sengli

Every one of my P-trap connections were loose and leaked when I took delivery on my landmark. The one that was a bear was the connection for the shower drain in the basement, behind the wall. It was leaking right on to the power converter.

Hand tightening them seemed to fix all of the issues. Thankfully thats the only thing so far on my rig that was an issue plumbing wise so far.

Fern

Wow didn’t realize this was such a common problem. Kinda worried now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my first camper in 2005, 2005 Coachman 297RKS. Rex & Sons in Wilmington NC. Being a first time RV owner the technician went through the whole thing with me and demonstrated all the features and operated all the appliances. He also went through a check list for prior hook up and post hookup, also post travel. Checking the units plumbing for loose connections and then leaks after the water is turned on has stuck with me over the years. I do this as a routine every time. My new 5th wheel has 4 sinks, 2 tubs and 2 toilets along with an outside shower. On the initial hook up the outdoor kitchen sink had a leak. Turns out the water supply line to the cold water was cross threaded. Had I not checked it, it could have ruined a brand new unit.

Ive bought 2 new RV's since then, 2018 Cougar 321RLI from Camping World Charleston SC, and just 2 weeks ago a 2020 Elkridge 38RSRT from a local dealer in Newbern NC. Neither Camping world or local dealer went through the units as thoroughly as Rex & Sons.

Sorry you had the troubles that you did and thankfully you caught it ample time.