Fuel Discounts

danemayer

I saw it on Facebook yesterday and thought it looked like the program offered by FMCA. Turns out to be similar idea but not the same.

It looks like the general idea is a fleet owner negotiates a preferred volume purchase agreement for their own fleet, and signs up individuals to also participate. He charges you a fee (part of your savings) and boosts his negotiating power at the same time.

I looked into the FMCA program not long ago. That program had a bunch of terms and conditions and fees that made it very unattractive for me. This one looks much better. If there's a contract, read the fine print carefully. I was thinking about signing up, but I don't expect to have opportunity to use it until earliest next summer.

And consider that you're giving someone access to make ACH transactions against your bank account. I'd want to limit my exposure by having my credit union set up a sub-account to provide to the discounter. That would avoid giving them access to all the funds in my checking account. Just have to stay on top of the sub account balance.

Bones

I saw it on Facebook yesterday and thought it looked like the program offered by FMCA. Turns out to be similar idea but not the same.

It looks like the general idea is a fleet owner negotiates a preferred volume purchase agreement for their own fleet, and signs up individuals to also participate. He charges you a fee (part of your savings) and boosts his negotiating power at the same time.

I looked into the FMCA program not long ago. That program had a bunch of terms and conditions and fees that made it very unattractive for me. This one looks much better. If there's a contract, read the fine print carefully. I was thinking about signing up, but I don't expect to have opportunity to use it until earliest next summer.

And consider that you're giving someone access to make ACH transactions against your bank account. I'd want to limit my exposure by having my credit union set up a sub-account to provide to the discounter. That would avoid giving them access to all the funds in my checking account. Just have to stay on top of the sub account balance.

Dan,

I was just saying the same thing to the DW. Not only do they want access to your account but your SS # as well. I like the discount but having access to your SS# is red flag.

travlingman

Dan,

I was just saying the same thing to the DW. Not only do they want access to your account but your SS # as well. I like the discount but having access to your SS# is red flag.

This discount was brought up on another forum a few months back. The SS# requirement is why I havn't signed up.

mwc

I signed up today. No limits on how little you use the card etc and no fees at all. The company gets 10 percent of the discount that you recieve. So if the negotiated discount is 40 cents, they get 4 cents and i get a 36 cent discount. Ill take it!

ILH

I signed up today. No limits on how little you use the card etc and no fees at all. The company gets 10 percent of the discount that you recieve. So if the negotiated discount is 40 cents, they get 4 cents and i get a 36 cent discount. Ill take it!

I've been looking at this program - haven't fully read through all the conditions. If a SS # is a must, then I'm out... because I'm a Canadian. Too bad, because the savings are potentially pretty good.

mwc

I just used my TSD logistics fuel card for the first time this week. I fueled up at a loves station in the commercial Lane. The information the company sent me stated they get one of their best discounts from this fuel station. First it was very nice because the fuel card works in the commercial lane and I don't have to go in and pre-pay and guess how much fuel that I need. I filled my truck up and it cost me $100.67 at the pump for 37.5 gallons of fuel. 2 days later TSD logistics debited $78.23 from my checking account for that fuel purchase. If I am doing the math correctly that makes me paying $2.08 a gallon for diesel. I am on a three-week trip so I will fill up more using that card for sure! Looks good to me!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I just used my TSD logistics fuel card for the first time this week. I fueled up at a loves station in the commercial Lane. The information the company sent me stated they get one of their best discounts from this fuel station. First it was very nice because the fuel card works in the commercial lane and I don't have to go in and pre-pay and guess how much fuel that I need. I filled my truck up and it cost me $100.67 at the pump for 37.5 gallons of fuel. 2 days later TSD logistics debited $78.23 from my checking account for that fuel purchase. If I am doing the math correctly that makes me paying $2.08 a gallon for diesel. I am on a three-week trip so I will fill up more using that card for sure! Looks good to me!

Don't try using it at Flying J or Pilot. They have found out about the TSD program and are not allowing the card to work at there stations because Good Sam has there fuel card.

UPDATE

You can use the card but you won't get any discount.

mwc

They have a phone number, website and app that helps you find the best discounts. I looked at the website briefly but I read in the paperwork that came with the card that the best discounts at that time were at Loves and TA.

Lynn1130

Love's and TA's fuel/gas prices are .20 a gal or more than surrounding stations to begin with. Traveling across country I seldom stopped at either of those because of that difference. Get off of the Interstate a few blocks and buy at local stations. The prices are better, at least from my experience.

mwc

Just used the TSD card for the second fill up, went to a Loves again. I pull almost a 45 ft toy hauler and I don't want to venture into town looking for cheaper fuel, I understand fuel is cheaper away from the interstate. This fill up was 41 gallons for $110 at the pump. 268.9 per gallon. My account was debited $87.00, making the fuel about 2.12 per gallon. And again the card works perfectly at the commercial pumps and I didn't have to go in.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I am all signed up got my card created a sub account with my bank but haven't gone out on a trip yet. just check on their app for fuel prices from with in a 100 miles from my house and it shows as low as 180 to 210 a gallon download the app very useful

- - - Updated - - -

just check gas buddy and the cheapest fuel by me is costco at 215 a gallon

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We have been using it for 4 months now and saved an average of .63.9/gallon for the cheapest place around comparing with gas buddy. The best part is we no longer have to be checking on the satellite views of the stations to see if we can get in and out hauling our fifth wheel, since this is through truck stops. We just find the closest one and go.

The only negative is that you have to use the truck lanes so that means you should fuel with your trailer attached so as not to **** off the truckers. Also, they recently just cancelled all the Pilot and Flying J stations due to the Good Sam discounts of .06/gallon that they have a contract with these facilities for RV's. So, Pilot and Flying J had to cancel giving these discounts as they could not differentiate.

Rod