Leak under bathroom sink

Brummie99

We've had our Mallard since June and living full time.

This last weekend, we moved to a new site (300 miles away).

On Friday night before the move, we had a heavy storm overnight. It had mostly passed by the morning when we packed up. Trip was dry and uneventful.

On Saturday, some time after setting up, we noticed a wet patch on the carpet in the bedroom (next to the bathroom). I removed the panel under the sink to check but it looked dry. We put it down to water from the storm. However, last night, I noticed it was wet again. This morning, I checked under the sink again. This time, I saw water dripping from the connection on the back of the outside shower. I was able to tighten it at least a half turn by hand and, for now, it seems to have stopped.

While under there, I checked the other connections (there are several as this is where the water pump is located). Most of the connectors were loose with between half and a full turn to tighten them.

I will be emailing Heartland about this as I want it noted in case I later develop floor damage as a result.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's a good idea to periodically check fittings on all of the plumbing. Our rig is nine years old and I still check them.
Oh, and I don't think your rig is warranted for full time living so that could work against you in the event of a claim.
Be sure to check the fittings under your sinks.

Peace
Dave

sengli

Every one of my P traps were barley tight on delivery of out latest fiver. They were all leaking. If this is the only thing I will have issues with, I will be happy. The hardest one was the one on the shower drain, as it is under the floor in the belly...it was loose too.

mlpeloquin

Master plumber, my neighbor, told me to always use plumbers putty in the compression fittings. They won't leak and will not loosen. Did this in my Big Horn after a leak in the kitchen drain. Did it to all the fittings in the kitchen and bathroom. Not a leak after 45K miles of Americas best roads!

We've had our Mallard since June and living full time.

This last weekend, we moved to a new site (300 miles away).

On Friday night before the move, we had a heavy storm overnight. It had mostly passed by the morning when we packed up. Trip was dry and uneventful.

On Saturday, some time after setting up, we noticed a wet patch on the carpet in the bedroom (next to the bathroom). I removed the panel under the sink to check but it looked dry. We put it down to water from the storm. However, last night, I noticed it was wet again. This morning, I checked under the sink again. This time, I saw water dripping from the connection on the back of the outside shower. I was able to tighten it at least a half turn by hand and, for now, it seems to have stopped.

While under there, emergency plumber I checked the other connections (there are several as this is where the water pump is located). Most of the connectors were loose with between half and a full turn to tighten them.

I will be emailing Heartland about this as I want it noted in case I later develop floor damage as a result.
I am also having the same issue.

Last edited:

Hollandt

I am also having the same issue.
I have had the same issue on several connections in my Fuel unit also. I noticed that they would loosen and begin leaking again after several trips. It appears that the plastic pipes were unsupported and vibrating when being towed, loosening the fittings. I tie wrapped the hoses together and to other available supports to help prevent the vibrations while towing and thus far have not found any repeat leaks at the fittings.

I have had the same issue on several connections in my Fuel unit also. I noticed that they would loosen and begin leaking again after several trips. It appears that the plastic pipes were unsupported and vibrating when being towed, loosening the fittings. I tie wrapped the hoses together and to other available supports to help prevent the vibrations while towing and thus far have not found any repeat leaks at the fittings.
thank you so much for your suggestion