2020 LM 365 Newport

Mark-Roberta 051995

Hi everyone, We have been trying to decide if we want to make the leap and change from a 2017 LM 365 Charleston to a 2020 LM 365 Newport. We saw a new Newport at the Rally back on June (Elkhart) and the wife really liked it for the added pantry and 1/2 bath.
When we started searching for color schemes and options we noticed that based on when the 2020 was built they have taken the pantry from the left side of the stove to the wall where the 1/2 bath is - which I am assuming is not going to be very deep vs. the other area next to stove. The reason behind this is that they have moved the stove from under the cook top to the right and placed it about 36" high so the ease to look in it / place items in it aqnd next to the fridge. There are cabinets below it and above it for additional storage.
I will be loosing my outdoor fridge area (which I love) to gain a 1/2 bath and added pantry space for full time living. We are still 4 years away and thinking maybe we should wait but - you know how that goes.

Is there anyone on here that has purchased a 2020 with the configuration of what I speak of and how do you like it. I have sent a note to T&S RV in Navasota for information as their pricing is still unbeatable from anyone else. I will have to travel 1,000 miles each way to get it but as now they are about 8K cheaper than anyone else.

Just looking for opinions and expertise from industry leaders that know what the factory is up to on this model.
newport stove.jpg

Thanks, Mark

david-steph2018

hey we will be in Willis at Lake Conroe Thousand Trails from Dec 15th to the 29th. So if you hurry, you can come over and spend some time with us on a shakedown.

Mark-Roberta 051995

UPDATE ON NEWPORT:

I spoke with the folks at TS RV in Texas last night on the new layout for the Newport. The oven is an electric one - not gas. I find this very interesting as I asked him what the consumption of electric it was going to take to run this thing. I was told that with all 3 AC's on, the oven on is no problem along with the convection / microwave.

He also stated that Heartland is coming out with a "DOUBLE OVEN" in one of their models but he was not sure which model. He also stated that they are still about 4-6 months out from introducing it.

This is exciting as I have not seen any other brands or models with an electric oven in their fifth wheel line. Is this the first or are there more out there?

Thanks,

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

hey we will be in Willis at Lake Conroe Thousand Trails from Dec 15th to the 29th. So if you hurry, you can come over and spend some time with us on a shakedown.

Your only 40 miles from there - a good day trip if you want to get out

NYSUPstater

Double ovens??? Guess mfr's think that time camping should be spent baking! LOL. Nice concept and probably geared for retired folks who don't travel much per se. Will probably be in the LM line 1st, then slowly in other lines. I know my wife loves to bake, but not sure right now if she'd want to be inside all the time. However, I do like the current concept of a built in oven. With the Furrion gas with stone, it seems to take forever to reach temp and if you go by digital readout, doesn't seem to hold temp well and have to keep fiddling with temp setting. Wonder if the electric one will be better in the temp department?