PEX plumbing connections

SLO

Found this article others might find informative about PEX connection types. Our trailers come with the crimp connections. I have only ever used the expansion type connection, or in some limited instances, Sharkbite connections. So I was courteous about crimp connections. Crimp connections are going to be the cheapest, mostly because of the cost of the tool. Also, the PEX pipe in our trailers cannot be use with the expansion type connection.

https://www.plumbermag.com/how-to-a...ection_with_pex_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dahillbilly

their are two different types of PEX; PEX A is larger than PEX. The shark-bite is PEX. Made the mistake once when I purchase bunch of fittings & then found out they were to big(PEX A). Make sure you buy the correct ones!! Really easy to make repairs & changes to your plumbing system.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I keep tools, fittings, and a short length of PEX in the rig to handle any plumbing issue. I can do either the crimp or clamp type of connection.

Routemaster

I am in the process of re routing the pipes around the heater using Plex fittings I quite like them.
Den.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    770.2 KB · Views: 59

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Found this article others might find informative about PEX connection types. Our trailers come with the crimp connections. I have only ever used the expansion type connection, or in some limited instances, Sharkbite connections. So I was courteous about crimp connections. Crimp connections are going to be the cheapest, mostly because of the cost of the tool. Also, the PEX pipe in our trailers cannot be use with the expansion type connection.

We have a 2011 Big Country.

It is fitted mostly with PEX, but behind the “valve panel” and around the water heater they got cheap and lazy and substituted flexible 1/2” flexible hose (like the winterizing suction hose), still using PEX crimp clamps and weak plastic fittings.

After numerous leaks (a couple full blown disconnects) I pulled all that amateur-hour flex hose out and replaced with regular PEX and brass fittings, leaving flex plastic only on the suction side.

If it’s “hidden” from the buyer, they all go cheap.