Plumbing Lines

Routemaster

IMG_0330.JPGWhy do my pictures come out in landscape?

Is there any reason why Heartland plumb the way they do. For instance the water filter is teed in at the bottom run when it could be possible to go higher up. Then there is the hot pipe running across.
Then the one at 20*.
I am in the process of re-routing pipes unless I cant, this is so I can get my furnace out be cause will not out road side.
Make Sense?
Den.

Kathi-27

the furnace comes out from the outside. the box our cabinet stays in rv furnace guts slide out as one part. have had ours out for cleaning. also our bighorn which was the same set up several times for maint.

Gary521

You got some guy/girl plumbing these things as fast as they can. Another assembler may do it different. Gotta make quota so they can go home early.

Routemaster

the furnace comes out from the outside. the box our cabinet stays in rv furnace guts slide out as one part. have had ours out for cleaning. also our bighorn which was the same set up several times for maint.

Ron.
Ref the furnace, some one at landmark had spot welded both sides of the unit two angle brackets about 1ins wide and a foot long it looks like the were going to hold the furnace but holes were not used. I ground one of them off and the other can't get to, so until I can make a path out of there moving the pipes I am stuck. I have posted pictures on Heating. A few hour job has been a nightmare.
Thanks.
Den.

Kathi-27

Ron.
Ref the furnace, some one at landmark had spot welded both sides of the unit two angle brackets about 1ins wide and a foot long it looks like the were going to hold the furnace but holes were not used. I ground one of them off and the other can't get to, so until I can make a path out of there moving the pipes I am stuck. I have posted pictures on Heating. A few hour job has been a nightmare.
Thanks.
Den.
go to your heater thread traveltiger posted a picture for you to show the cabinet empty. if you would like to talk about it pm me

sengli

I know a lot of the plumbing runs on the back of the UDC, is pre assembled. They make them ahead of time and just install them. On my last two rigs, I removed the walls in the basement and re ran some plumbing to my own specs. I always remove the runs to the washer dryer area, as I will never use them. While in there I always test all fitting for leaks etc. Put the converter up on blocks in case of leaks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Locate the tank flush ASV and move all electronics out from under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Routemaster

View attachment 63298Why do my pictures come out in landscape?

Is there any reason why Heartland plumb the way they do. For instance the water filter is teed in at the bottom run when it could be possible to go higher up. Then there is the hot pipe running across.
Then the one at 20*.
I am in the process of re-routing pipes unless I cant, this is so I can get my furnace out be cause will not out road side.
Make Sense?
Den.
Which one of these pipes can I break into to add a tank fill anyone done this? because the replacement Anderson core is given out again.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 63298Why do my pictures come out in landscape?

Then the one at 20*.
Make Sense?
Den.
Which one of these pipes can I break into to add a tank fill anyone done this? because the replacement Anderson core is given out again.

centerline

- - - Updated - - -

please explain more about whet you mean "tank fill"..... are you attempting to refill the belly tanks with water, or just trying to fill the water heater tank?

the ONLY reason the plumbing lines are run the way they are, is that they only use straight fittings and 90degree fittings.... so the lines are plumbed in a strait run, until they need to turn 90degrees to line up with where they need to go....and even though the pex line is somewhat flexible, they dont utilize this feature of it..... all this means is, you can run the lines in any manner you choose that will "clean it up" in the area, as long as one end of it connects to the right spot, and the other end of the line connects to the other "right spot".... the length or direction of run in between the two "right spots" make no difference in how the system works.

danemayer

Can't quite tell from the picture, but if you look at the Fresh Tank Fills by Itself user guide, here, on page 5 there's a picture of the back of the Anderson Valve. The connection on the far right goes to the fresh tank. If you put a tee in the line coming off that connection, you'll be able to fill the tank without going through the Anderson Valve.

You can pretty easily bring the PEX from the tee out into the UDC and add a hose fitting. You'll also need to add a cutoff valve or cap so when using the water system, water doesn't come out that extension.

If you plan to camp in sub-freezing weather, I'd suggest keeping the cutoff inside, or heating the UDC with a droplight.

I don't have an Anderson Valve, but I put in a tee and cutoff valve along with an inexpensive hose attach water meter so I have a rough idea of how much water I've added. The meter is more important for me because my rig doesn't have overflows on the fresh tank.