Looking at purchasing a Panda washer and dryer any opinion?

Fox

Two year old thread so no help for him, but recent poster asked here so will respond ...

Just throwing in my two cents worth: early last month we had separate Splendide units installed. I chose the Splendide brand based on RV forum users - not the online sales reviews.
My RV Dealer performed the entire purchase/install; all parts, labor, tax, etc ...$2805.

Comparing it to our home units - it's much smaller than we're accustomed to - but it works fine and is Quiet. I can't imagine going smaller with the all in one units.

GK2018

I'm looking at a similar setup, I was wondering if the cloths come out of the washer fairly dry, the reviews say that the clothes come out soak and wet.
The one I had the clothes would come out fairly dry, not as dry as a household washing machine but not soaking wet either. It was really a good unit for the price point and it was still running when we sold it and upgraded our RV that now has a washer and dryer prep. We have an apartment size washer now and the washer is GE and the dryer is still a Panda dryer. The GE washer we have now the clothes come out more dry than any unit to include a household unit that I've ever owned. Hopefully that helps!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bwdt

You and I have the same camper, some questions.
What ge dryer did you get?
I'm thinking of putting the washer on a sliding shelf that pulls out when I do laundry, with the dryer above.
What about power, I only have one 15 amp socket in the laundry closet.

GK2018

You and I have the same camper, some questions.
What ge dryer did you get?
I'm thinking of putting the washer on a sliding shelf that pulls out when I do laundry, with the dryer above.
What about power, I only have one 15 amp socket in the laundry closet.
The GE washer Model is #:GFW148SSMWW it's a 24" 2.4 cubic foot washer with a 120V plug and slides right into the washer prep area with some room to spare.

The dryer is a Panda dryer, I don't recall the model off hand and it isn't on the front of it but it is the 3.5 cubic foot capacity one with the dial up on the top right of the unit (some dials are on the bottom right) I'm sure either unit works great it's probably just a preference/option.

I initially purchased a GE dryer to stack on top of the GE washer and I can't recall that model number either (I measured the washer and called GE to confirm the dryer I picked would fit on top of the washer and to figure which out of the 2 stackable kits they offered would be the correct one to put both units together. GE has absolutely amazing and quick customer service!) but after receiving everything and it just being me on the install, it was a literal nightmare to get it hooked up due to only having a couple inches of clearance to work with as I held the dryer forward and tried to work in the back, if I had paid a pro or had 2 people it probably would've been a better option than the Panda dryer seeing how amazing the washing machine operates. With that said though I've been running a Panda dryer since 2018 and it still drys my clothes. The mechanical timer on the dryer sometimes isn't sure which way to rotate (up or down) so I just put it in the middle (100 minutes) that way no matter if it counts down to zero or counts up to 200 minutes and then stops my clothes are still dry other than that no issues with the dryer.

I also built a custom bracket stackable system to mount the GE washer and Panda dryer on top of each other.

The washer will honestly be the only washer I'll ever run in an RV assuming it'll always fit. It will wash the dirtiest clothes and get them clean and the spin cycle just about completely drys the clothes prior to putting them in the dryer. Hands down this washer has been an amazing decision! In the future when my Panda dryer goes out I'll probably revisit the GE dryer and just have a pro do the install though so it'll be matching units.

I can also run both the washer and the dryer at the same time on the same 15 amp plug without any issues.

You probably wouldn't need to put the units on a sliding shelf, we just open our closet door and it's easily accessible. The built in shelf on the right hand side of the prep area is a bit hard to access with the washer and dryer there but adding a sliding shelf wouldn't help that either.

GK2018

Side note I forgot to mention make sure when looking at dryers you get a 120v one. If I remember correctly somehow I almost made a mistake and ordered a 240V one that would still stack on top of the washer...

bwdt

Thank you so much. You don't happen to have any pics you could share?

I'm going to look up the GE

GK2018

Looking at the GE website again since its been awhile I think the dryer that fits on top of the washer is either one of these two 120v dryers they offer Model #: DSKS333ECWW or this one Model #: DSKP333ECWW the only difference between the two I think is the location of the dials. Also the stackable bracket kit is the one that fits the washer and dryer flush on top of each other and I do remember they offered two and I had to call GE to figure out which one was the correct one.

GK2018

No problem, I'll try to send some pics when I head out here in a bit. My cell service isn't that great at our property and probably wont upload the pics.

GK2018

Here's a pic of what it looked like before I built the mounting brackets, this pic shows L brackets holding it into place and doesn't have the drain pan at the bottom...
cd48045bdee85f779e017b9646974feb.jpg

bwdt

Here's a pic of what it looked like before I built the mounting brackets, this pic shows L brackets holding it into place and doesn't have the drain pan at the bottom...
cd48045bdee85f779e017b9646974feb.jpg

Thank you very much, My closet on my 2018 39MB is completely different, I have a window between the closet and the dresser, and the closet is up against the side wall. The shelf in mine is straight back with the hanging rod underneath. The door on the closet is a single door that opens toward the window and my dresser is tall with the TV location above. But I don't have a TV and don't even use the one in the living room LOL! I went looking for a washer and dryer similar to yours at a clearance center, and found some available about an hour away for half price. I might go this way. How many circuits do you have for your washer and dryer in your breaker box. ? I only have one 15 amp.

One suggestion, it might be pretty easy to modify the bracket kit for the washer to connect to the different dryer by driller some new holes.

GK2018

Thank you very much, My closet on my 2018 39MB is completely different, I have a window between the closet and the dresser, and the closet is up against the side wall. The shelf in mine is straight back with the hanging rod underneath. The door on the closet is a single door that opens toward the window and my dresser is tall with the TV location above. But I don't have a TV and don't even use the one in the living room LOL! I went looking for a washer and dryer similar to yours at a clearance center, and found some available about an hour away for half price. I might go this way. How many circuits do you have for your washer and dryer in your breaker box. ? I only have one 15 amp.

One suggestion, it might be pretty easy to modify the bracket kit for the washer to connect to the different dryer by driller some new holes.
Sorry, I literally just seen this! I've been so busy with clearing off our land we bought and running around like a chicken with my head missing haha.

There is one receptacle and the washer and dryer both plug into that and it's on it's own breaker, I run both washer and dryer at same time without tripping it. I built a custom cabinet for mine to slide into and hang onto the washer dryer, the pic I uploaded was a quick temporary mounting fix since I had to move it. I wouldn't recommend leaving it like that for long those L brackets would probably strip out and you'd have a washer and dryer laying on the floor haha.