2019 Bighorn 3870FB Wheel & Lug Nut Question

Crincic

Getting ready to full time and want to torque the lug nuts. I have the following questions:

1. Do the lug nuts have an aluminum cover?

2. What size lug wrench?

3. What ft lb of torque is required?

Thanks for the help! Tom Crincic

rhodies1

Getting ready to full time and want to torque the lug nuts. I have the following questions:

1. Do the lug nuts have an aluminum cover?

2. What size lug wrench?

3. What ft lb of torque is required?

Thanks for the help! Tom Crincic

Most of the lug nuts used do have the aluminum cover,they are not solid

I do not have my unit available but believe the size is 13/16 th socket

Torque setting is 140 ft lbs if they are 9/16 th nuts and 120 ft lbs if they are 1/2 in.
the wheel nuts should have a stamp on them indicating the size

MTPockets

The cover on the nuts sometimes crack after a while of retorqing & removing. Solid nuts are available. Be sure to get replacement nuts with same as original seat taper.

brianlajoie

I tightend my by hand with a torque wrench and rounded one of them a while ago. A pain to get off. Required a special socket and a sledge hammer. Replaced them all with solid lug nuts. Problem solved.

BusManRG

Most of the lug nuts used do have the aluminum cover,they are not solid

I do not have my unit available but believe the size is 13/16 th socket

Torque setting is 140 ft lbs if they are 9/16 th nuts and 120 ft lbs if they are 1/2 in.
the wheel nuts should have a stamp on them indicating the size

We just got new tires and the tires shop says that their chart shows 140 pounds of torque for our 16 inch wheels. We came home and we’re going through some manuals checking on other things for the rig and are seeing conflicting information. Our Dexter manual says our 9/16 studs should have 140 pounds of torque, but our Lippert owners manual says they should be torqued to 120-130. Any thoughts on this?

h2oskierc

2019 Bighorn 3870FB Wheel & Lug Nut Question

We just got new tires and the tires shop says that their chart shows 140 pounds of torque for our 16 inch wheels. We came home and we’re going through some manuals checking on other things for the rig and are seeing conflicting information. Our Dexter manual says our 9/16 studs should have 140 pounds of torque, but our Lippert owners manual says they should be torqued to 120-130. Any thoughts on this?

I would do 140 ft-lbs. I’d rather be high than low, and I cannot imagine 10 ft-lbs will break anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk