Side patio question Heartland 2016 Gateway 3750pt

It doesn't look like the 2018, 19 or 20 models have a side patio. Was there a defect that any one knows about? + is there any other items that anyone can give me a heads up on with the 2016 model?

I'm new to the forum & apologize if I hijacked somebody else's thread.

Thanks in advanced, Bill

danemayer

Hi Rensberger,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't recall any posts about problems with the side patio on a Gateway.

While we don't know why Heartland might have dropped that feature in 2017, it's often about how well a particular model sells, or sometimes it's just about what dealers think will sell. If the dealers think it won't sell, they don't order any and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

On side and rear patios, you'll want to see how heavy it feels to raise and lower the patio. Mostly on rear patios, there have been a number of cases in past years where water has gotten into the structure around the bolts that hold the patio together. When that happens, it becomes waterlogged and doesn't raise or lower easily. Whether this one is waterlogged, or in pristine condition, you should make sure you can raise and lower it without a struggle. And it might be a good idea to seal around the bolts to prevent future water intrusion.