Furnace not working after the repair shop installed it back into Rig.

mikeandconnie

My Furnace would not light and I did't have time to mess with it, so I called a mobile tech. They removed it. Repaired it in the shop and it ran great. They installed it in the rig and it would not run. They stayed to dark trying to find out what's going on and will back in the morning. Well" I couldn't stand not knowing what going on so I got the meter out and no power at the unit. The tech and I checked the fuse many times and it was good. I found a wiring diagram online, the line runs direct to 12 volt power through the fuse. After several hours tracing the wire I decided to trace it back to the box and yes I found the problem. Blow Fuse on the Power Awning... :confused: Yes the tag is mislabeled. Furnace is number 12 Power Awning spot.. :mad: Thought I would add this maybe help someone else. Don't rely on the fuse Decal labeling. Check all the fuses. The tech must have shorted the wire pulling the unit...

I will update tomorrow when I find out what they replaced at the shop

Update... The Board was bad and replaced. It's working great this cold morning.;)

Mike.

Last edited:

wdk450

You might want to contact Heartland Service with your VIN at the ready, and ask them if they can send you a CORRECT 12 volt fusepanel fuse listing for your rig.

mikeandconnie

You might want to contact Heartland Service with your VIN at the ready, and ask them if they can send you a CORRECT 12 volt fuse panel fuse listing for your rig.

Looks like to me the wires where incorrectly installed. The Awning and Heater both 20 amps with same color wires. It can happen. The tech said yes he should have checked all the fusses.