2018 Bighorn 3160el hidden subwoofer issues

Ldbarchee

We just recently bought our 3160 and while setting everything up I turned on the stereo. I am assuming it has a subwoofer mounted in the cabinet behind the fireplace because it is on and at a loud volume. I can turn the volume up and down for the other speakers but the subwoofer stays at the same level. Anyone have any ideas on this?

sengli

I know on the older units they had a discrete sub woofer in the cabinets somewhere. On the newer units they have gone to the sound bars. Not sure the subs are still used?

Ldbarchee

I know on the older units they had a discrete sub woofer in the cabinets somewhere. On the newer units they have gone to the sound bars. Not sure the subs are still used?
Thanks for the response. I know it has one in the cabinet because it is rattling everything in the coach. Lol I can’t figure out how to turn it off or down. I may wind up opening the cabinet up somehow and just unplugging it if I can’t figure out how to control it.

danemayer

Which sound system do you have? Perhaps a menu setting, or controlled by the remote. The manual may help.

RoadJunkie

If I remember correctly, the subwoofer has a couple of manual knobs, one of which is gain. I don’t know your floor plan, but a lot of the rigs have a small storage door towards the rear, off door-side. The subwoofer is accessed by removing a panel inside the storage area.

Ldbarchee

Thank you all for the tips. I played around with it and found that the subwoofer is on its own zone. So if I turn the music up or down I have to turn the sub up or down separately. This is odd to me so I will be trying to figure out something different. I have a very nice sound bar with a Bluetooth sub that I may connect to the tv.