Converting U Shaped dinette into a bed

DSDriskill

We just recently purchased a 2015 Heartland 21FBS with the U shaped dinette. We're trying to figure out how it's supposed to turn into a bed but the pieces don't fit or we're missing a piece. Does anyone have a picture of how it's supposed to go together?

colfacks

We just recently purchased a 2015 Heartland 21FBS with the U shaped dinette. We're trying to figure out how it's supposed to turn into a bed but the pieces don't fit or we're missing a piece. Does anyone have a picture of how it's supposed to go together?

Also looking for an answer to this?

GK2018

Also looking for an answer to this?
I don't have a picture but if it's anything like our U shaped dinette we had in our Mallard M33 you should have a seperate piece of plywood with a folding leg attached to it that fills in the empty space on the U. You'll extend the leg and then fit the plywood within the empty U shape space and put the cushions on top of it. If it's like our old Palomino Thoroughbred you'll use the table top itself to fill in the empty U space instead of a piece of plywood.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

colfacks

Thank you so much! We did find the board under the bed (after many hours of trying to make the table fit in there 🙈). This makes much more sense but is not what the previous owners had explained. Thank you again!!!

I don't have a picture but if it's anything like our U shaped dinette we had in our Mallard M33 you should have a seperate piece of plywood with a folding leg attached to it that fills in the empty space on the U. You'll extend the leg and then fit the plywood within the empty U shape space and put the cushions on top of it. If it's like our old Palomino Thoroughbred you'll use the table top itself to fill in the empty U space instead of a piece of plywood.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This board must be a popular item! We just bought a 2015 28DBSS today and the owner never mentioned where that board is. After reading this and re-searching the camper no luck! Guess if that's the worst thing I have to fix I'm still coming out good! Piece of wood with folding legs. Piece of cake!