2020 4007 waste valves

Lndeatr

Our new rig (4007) has 2 waste drains and 5 push/pull valves. Our 3611 had 2 drains but 1 valve in the back and 2 in the front. Only thing we needed to figure out was which of the fronts was black and which was grey.

The 4007 has 2 in the rear so I am assuming 2 separate tanks (black and grey) so all I have to do is figure out which is which and mark them.

The front on the other hand has three valves. Does the kitchen have it's own small tank like my 2013 300C had? Hope not as that was a pain. When we were dry camping that would fill up and we would have to drain it with a bucket and pour it into the toilet.

Help please......

Dmetcalf

Our new rig (4007) has 2 waste drains and 5 push/pull valves. Our 3611 had 2 drains but 1 valve in the back and 2 in the front. Only thing we needed to figure out was which of the fronts was black and which was grey.

The 4007 has 2 in the rear so I am assuming 2 separate tanks (black and grey) so all I have to do is figure out which is which and mark them.

The front on the other hand has three valves. Does the kitchen have it's own small tank like my 2013 300C had? Hope not as that was a pain. When we were dry camping that would fill up and we would have to drain it with a bucket and pour it into the toilet.

Help please......

This was a mystery to us as well. I have a clear 45 degree that fits onto the dump valve. I used that to test each of the valves. I’ll attach a pic to show you what I found after testing each individually.

Attachments

• 55A5C356-2D8F-42A8-BEBE-21810561C8EB.jpeg
    55A5C356-2D8F-42A8-BEBE-21810561C8EB.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 87

Lndeatr

Ahhhhhh.... Makes sense. I told my wife that since it was already plumbed I was gonna put a urinal. She didnt like that idea.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lndeatr

This was a mystery to us as well. I have a clear 45 degree that fits onto the dump valve. I used that to test each of the valves. I’ll attach a pic to show you what I found after testing each individually.

So apparently Mike ran my plumbing and Steve was working when they ran your plumbing. (Maybe Jim and Linda....) Anyway mine is completely different. I am in a park with a portable pumper that comes twice a week. Grey 1 said it was full and the kitchen sink stopped draining. When the pumper came, I climbed under the slideout and hooked it up for him. Here is what I got. The black tank is the front/left valve, the middle tank had a maybe 2 gallons of grey water, and the right valve was a lot of grey water. The rear garage tank I left alone as we didnt use it.

So I am confused. Obviously the shower and kitchen sink are the right valve as I have used them both daily for a week for showers and dishes. What is the middle valve and why is there grey soapy water(not clear) in it? Only thing I can think of that had that little use was the bathroom sink but why would that be different than the shower??

what I could figure out on my 2019 4007 with the front three tanks is the far left one is the bathroom shower and sink, middle is the black tank and the far right one is the kitchen sink

Flick

Help please......

I read quite often about which valve drains what tank, which tank holds what water, etc. I think at one time or another, we have all had those questions and were stumped. One of the first things I did when we bought our Cyclone was to spend a day dropping enough of the coroplast so I could look into the tank holding area and identify where things were. I then was able to trace all valves and I made a schematic of where each tank was located and put the drawing of my findings on the inside wall with a marker pen.
Couple things that I was totally wrong about was my guess on how the tanks were mounted. I would have guessed side to side, which most are, I think, but the main black tank and front grey were long ways, not side to side, starting just beyond the engine compartment. Not a big deal but not what I expected. Second thing I was wrong about was my 110 gallon fresh water tank which I figured is sure a large tank. At least that is what I thought till I found 2 tanks that must hold 55 gallons each, one over the wheels and one in front of the front axle, that feed from one to the other. Just a thought.

ksucats

Doesn't really help right now for you all but I was told when we buy a new unit (hopefully later this Spring/early summer), and hopefully do a thorough PDI this time, to run Dye (Ritz, food coloring, whatever I guess) that will color the water. Fill the tanks to ensure they don't leak and then dump them checking the water color as you do. That way you should be able to know for sure which is Black, Gray1 and Gray 2 if you have such. On my current unit the washer drains into the kitchen sink's tank. Hopefully no one decided to 'personally' test the black tank first. :confused: