Radio

I have a question regarding the radio in our 2010 Sundance 3300. When the radio is off it still displays the led lights on the screen and controls. This is
enough to actually drain the battery when we are on battery only. I have had to take the radio out of its enclosure and disconnect the wires so we don't
lose battery power. Is this a defect of the radio or is there someplace I'm missing to turn the radio totally off? Any ideas out there. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Woodchucks,

This is a common arrangement and the slight power drain typically becomes a problem when the trailer is in storage. But if you're camping without power for more than a few days, and aren't using the radio, I can see it would be a problem.

The radio may be on its own fuse. You might experiment to see if you can pull 1 fuse when not using the radio. Of course, if that circuit powers something else, you'll probably need another solution.

Another approach would be to cut the power wire at the radio and connect the 2 ends to a switch that mounts nearby so you can decide when to power the radio.

NP_Chief

Should be a blue wire (also called "remote wire) coming out of the back of the radio. This is the wire that draws the constant power for clock and radio presets. You can unhook this wire from power and eliminate the constant power draw.