Where is fresh water tank drain

Bruce0850

Hi all,

We have a 2019 32RS Bighorn Traveller.
I filled the fresh water tank the other day with the Anderson valve set to tank. Water ran out of a "vent" on each side of tank on the frame. Showed full on the guage inside. Then, I looked to drain the tank, and found what looks like a drain valve, attached to one of the level up jacks. No water came out, regardless of turning the valve. So ended up using onboard water pump to get all the water out. Also, when crawling around underneath the trailer, I see no low point drains. Any advice as to how these are supposed to work?

Thank you

danemayer

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Not all Heartland builds come with low point drains. Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country don't have low point drains. I'm not sure about Bighorn Traveler.

The fresh tank drain is typically in front of the axles on the off-door-side of the trailer. Maybe 18" from the outside edge of the frame. If that's the valve you were operating without success, there could be something blocking the tube/valve. But if temps were below freezing, it might have been blocked by ice. There's a little water between the valve and the coroplast that will freeze when temps drop.

Chrisandsama

No low point drains on my 2018, the fresh water drain you are saying is attached to the landing gear is in fact the fresh drain. There may be a blockage in the line if nothing is coming out. A short burst of compressed air will sometimes get things flowing if it's not too clogged.