Peeling Couches

EddieK

We own a 2017 Heartland Cyclone 3600 and come to find the couches have begun to rip and peal. Cannot imagine why furniture that is supposed to be in a luxury toy hauler would only last 3 years? We joined this forum with the understanding we could find answers to these unexceptional circumstances. Please any information would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi EddieK,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you browsed the furniture sub-forum I think you'll find a number of similar posts about peeling surfaces. The furniture vendor (who also warrants the furniture) seems to have made a selection that lasted through its 1 year warranty, but not as long as everyone expects. Vendors come and go and I think this one is no longer used; probably because of the peeling problem.

I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly from others on what they did.

EddieK

Hi EddieK,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you browsed the furniture sub-forum I think you'll find a number of similar posts about peeling surfaces. The furniture vendor (who also warrants the furniture) seems to have made a selection that lasted through its 1 year warranty, but not as long as everyone expects. Vendors come and go and I think this one is no longer used; probably because of the peeling problem.

I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly from others on what they did.

Thank you for you response...find it totally unacceptable since we are full timers and live in our RV and never expected to have to replace furniture within the first 3 years. Bought what we were led to believe was a high end product...guess not! Extremely disappointed in what was supposed to be luxury!

Fox

That material is unlovingly referred to as pleather, Plastic Leather. It goes by many different names, set by the manufacturer; as many have found its cheap junk.

It's also commonly sold in many fine furniture places.

EddieK

Unacceptable and shame on Heartland for passing off something that only appears to be a "luxury " upgrade...I call bullsh*t on the fact that you pay for something you don't receive! If I am going to be forced to pay to replace these pieces of furniture I will be happy to express, to anyone willing to listen, how unfair and what a rip off the Cyclone 3600 really is!

sengli

Had similar issues with our RV type furniture. On both of our last two high end fivers we ended up replacing the furniture with home type furnishings from either best, or lazy boy. Best brand actually has slightly smaller furniture pieces that fit in the RV just great. The RV furniture went to the curb, cause it wasnt worth messing with otherwise. The theatre seating when removed, I found out it was made from OSB ply with pleather coverings.

kkamshop

I second the Best Company furniture - great value and many pieces that would fit the RV interior.

Honestly Eddie, just get some decent replacements and move on, not a battle worth taking up. Whatever you choose to replace it will be a hundred times better than the junk they put in RVs these days.