LCI level up problem

meagle

When I open one of my hydraulic slides or use my front hydraulic jacks my two entry side middle and rear jacks extend as well. When this occurs the slides extend and retract very slowly. Valve problem? Any ideas/solutions?

danemayer

When you press the button to open or close the slides, the hydraulic pump pushes or pulls fluid through whatever valves are open. If no one's been working on any of your hydraulics, you probably have a stuck valve. Could be some crud stuck in the valve. Could be the setscrew on the valve is out of position.

Try exercising the levelup system in manual mode to see if you can clear the problem.

CoveredWagon

Be sure to push the enter button if you make a selection. Something likevthatnhappened to me when I was in a hurry. I selected some thing on the panel, but didn't hit enter. Had me just short of being upset. I walked away, and started over slowly.
Hope this helps.

meagle

When you press the button to open or close the slides, the hydraulic pump pushes or pulls fluid through whatever valves are open. If no one's been working on any of your hydraulics, you probably have a stuck valve. Could be some crud stuck in the valve. Could be the setscrew on the valve is out of position.

Try exercising the levelup system in manual mode to see if you can clear the problem.

Hi Dan,

First of I want to thank you for all of the help that you give all of us. Obviously, you have an innate mechanical aptitude and are willing to help everyone on this forum. I am certain many, many others echo my sentiments.

Based on your advice I checked the valves. I found the solenoid on one of the valves very loose. It had rotated to the left as far as it could and one of the wires going to it was loose as well. I re-positioned the solenoid, tightened the screw holding it in place, and secured the wire. I cycled the slides a few times. I am happy to say that the system worked as it should. Hopefully, this will take care of the problem. It appears to me that the solenoid slides over the shaft of the valve and then the retaining nut holds it in place. I thought about removing the solenoid and tightening the valve body, but I did not have a wrench that would fit the nut at the top of the valve so I decided not to take it off. I think that it is a 7/8 size wrench that I would use on the valve. I went purchased the wrench and if is happens again I will remove the solenoid and re-torque the valve. Again, thank you for all of your help.

Morris

- - - Updated - - -

Be sure to push the enter button if you make a selection. Something likevthatnhappened to me when I was in a hurry. I selected some thing on the panel, but didn't hit enter. Had me just short of being upset. I walked away, and started over slowly.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your advice and will make sure that I use the panel correctly.