Sleep Number Mattress

crmfghtr

Hi All,
Considering upgrading to a sleep number R5 mattress for our Landmark. Has anyone upgraded to one with the tilt bed in the Landmark? Curious if you have to deflate it to tilt the bed.
Thanks,

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We don’t have the tilt bed in our Landmark, but we do have a sleep number bed. We deflate a little on travel days if we are changing the altitude during the day. We had a faulty mattress, but it had nothing to do with travel.

Kathi-27

Hi All,
Considering upgrading to a sleep number R5 mattress for our Landmark. Has anyone upgraded to one with the tilt bed in the Landmark? Curious if you have to deflate it to tilt the bed.
Thanks,
we have sleep number in our landmark for 1 year with no problems

Lndeatr

We have a new Cyclone (3rd one) and the king bed in it is a joke!! I'm working out of town and have stayed in it during the week for the last 3 weeks and my side has no support left. Actually feel the plywood. I guess they expect us to replace the mattress right away. i guess I could warranty it but I would get anoter 3 week mattress. At home we have an adjustable Tempur Pedic mattress and I love it. Problem is it is heavvvvyyyyy.... how does the sleep number work? and how heavy is it? Do they come in RV sizes?

BarbandFrank

We are full time RVers and we have a Sleep Number in our 2016 Landmark. We do not have a bed that tilts, and I would be cautious about tilting the mattress. We purchased the mattress on sale from Camping World - the price was substantially lower than the same model at the Sleep Number store. Sleep Number makes mattresses specifically for RVs - the sizes are different than standard king, queen mattresses. Look for “RV King”, or “RV Queen” sizes and make sure you measure the platform before you order.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are full-timers and like others bought my “ComfortAire” mattress, made by Sleep Number, from Camping World at a lower price than an actual Sleep Number. It does not tilt. Ours was an RV King, and fit perfectly. Purchased in 2016, we had one chamber develop a leak in 2017, and it was replaced via warranty. In 2019, the other chamber developed a leak and I got a prorated warranty replacement.

We love our “Sleep Number” bed though!! It’s difficult to sleep on anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crmfghtr

Sounds like there is also some issues with the sleep number R5 mattress as well. They are pricey, $2400. Problem is the king mattress that comes with the Landmark is already developing sink holes on both sides. Was looking at the R5 mattress as an alternative, because of the adjustability. With the new Landmark you have to tilt the bed for travel. We went to the Sleep Number store to ask about the R5 (same mattress they sell at CW) and they looked at us like the RCA dog. Finally the manager said they knew what we were talking about and showed us the mattress in their catalog.
Thanks for the response.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sounds like there is also some issues with the sleep number R5 mattress as well. They are pricey, $2400. Problem is the king mattress that comes with the Landmark is already developing sink holes on both sides. Was looking at the R5 mattress as an alternative, because of the adjustability. With the new Landmark you have to tilt the bed for travel. We went to the Sleep Number store to ask about the R5 (same mattress they sell at CW) and they looked at us like the RCA dog. Finally the manager said they knew what we were talking about and showed us the mattress in their catalog.
Thanks for the response.

You mentioned the tilt bed. Do you tilt it and lay it flat daily? Or tilt when traveling only?

I think if you deflated the Sleep Number mattress (while laying on it) to a very low number, tilting it would likely be fine. However, you may need something to keep the mattress from sliding off the platform. It’s so lightweight, it moves easily.

mlpeloquin

Actual Sleep Number Beds at the higher end tilt in Queen size and in King will tilt split so that each can tilt to their own comfort. They require you use their tilt platform which, if I remember correctly, comes with the mattress. This adds a small amount of height. We opted for our S&B non tilting Select Comfort.

crmfghtr

You mentioned the tilt bed. Do you tilt it and lay it flat daily? Or tilt when traveling only?

I think if you deflated the Sleep Number mattress (while laying on it) to a very low number, tilting it would likely be fine. However, you may need something to keep the mattress from sliding off the platform. It’s so lightweight, it moves easily.

It is mandatory that you tilt it for travel. There are metal wire brackets at the foot of the bed that keep the mattress from sliding off the end when you push the button to raise or tilt the bed. The bed is motorized. We have been tilting it daily after we make the bed to give more floor space. I was reading the Q&A on the sleep number web site, regarding tilting the mattress or bending it, it seems there are mixed answers to the question. On a side note, it seems the mattress does come with a 25yr warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

Actual Sleep Number Beds at the higher end tilt in Queen size and in King will tilt split so that each can tilt to their own comfort. They require you use their tilt platform which, if I remember correctly, comes with the mattress. This adds a small amount of height. We opted for our S&B non tilting Select Comfort.

Yes, you are correct. They also make the R3 and R5 which are designed for the RV industry.

Oldelevatorman

It is mandatory that you tilt it for travel. There are metal wire brackets at the foot of the bed that keep the mattress from sliding off the end when you push the button to raise or tilt the bed. The bed is motorized. We have been tilting it daily after we make the bed to give more floor space. I was reading the Q&A on the sleep number web site, regarding tilting the mattress or bending it, it seems there are mixed answers to the question. On a side note, it seems the mattress does come with a 25yr warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you are correct. They also make the R3 and R5 which are designed for the RV industry.

We have the California King Sleep number in our LM, not a tilt though. We can’t put the bedroom slide all the way in without lifting up the mattress and putting pillows underneath it for travel due to the length since it hangs off the platform several inches and we deflate it also prior to travel. Obviously not the RV size!

We have the California King Sleep number in our LM, not a tilt though. We can’t put the bedroom slide all the way in without lifting up the thick futon mattress and putting pillows underneath it for travel due to the length since it hangs off the platform several inches and we deflate it also prior to travel. Obviously not the RV size!

I have also face the same and I can relate with it, as I have big size mattress.