Mystery cable in bedroom

dwayneb

Hello All,
I am the new owner of an 3185RL. In the cabinet over the bed next to the antenna amplifier, there is a cable sticking out of the wall. It has a 7 or 8 pin connector. Does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks!

danemayer

Sounds like the control cable for a Winegard Trav'ler rooftop satellite dish. There's pre-wiring from the factor to make for a simpler installation of the dish.

mlpeloquin

Those are F connectors. 75 ohm system. BNC connectors are 50 ohm. There are generally two RF connectors for the TV. One is the Antenna/cable and the other would be from the UDC satellite. If you have the amplifier on as your picture shows, the cable signal will not get through. Turn it off by pressing the little black button.

danemayer

Other than turning off the signal booster (push/push button and little LED), you shouldn't have to do anything special to get cable to the living room. In the living room, you will have to connect to the correct wall coax connector, if not already connected. And the TV may have to be set to Cable within its menus.

Our owner-written Landmark 365 user guide has a lot of helpful information that will also apply to Bighorn and Big Country models.

i4110peter

Found the diagram for the antenna system and all seems correct. Will check again when we have cable available. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk