2015 425 RW Please someone help

Hey all,

So half across Cali I blew a tire on the passenger side of the rv under the living room slide. And of course for the second time since I have had this rv it took out part of the wiring harness for the living room slide. No big deal I will fix it in time
However now I have noticed the fridge quit working and I can't recall if there is a wire for the fridge under that slide or if it is because the fuse labeled BR Slide? Is blown will stay blown. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I think in the morning I will sever them all and tape them up I think that's what I did last time.

Thanks and best regards
Rex

P.S. does anyone who has this same trailer or has had this trailer had any luck modifying where that wiring harness is? I want to get it as far away from the tires as possible.

danemayer

Re: 2015 425 RW Please aomeone help

Hi Rex,

Sorry you're having this problem.

I'm not familiar with the wiring on your RW. But usually the wiring for the refrigerator would primarily be on the same side as the refrigerator. However, I have heard of wiring harnesses that run down the door side and then cross over to the other side.

I'm not sure how this would relate to a fuse labeled BR Slide - but it's certainly possible that the fuse box labels are not correct.

If this is a 2nd blowout, you should think about replacing all the tires. One thing to consider is that when a tire fails, the entire load rests on the remaining tires, overloading them. If you don't get off the road immediately, the remaining tire(s) on that side are likely to have internal damage.

mlpeloquin

Re: 2015 425 RW Please aomeone help

Might I suggest Sailun tires. They are the best at the lowest price. All trailer tires, regardless of how they look, need to be replaced after the five year manufacturing date. Otherwise you are risking a blowout. GoodYear G614's were great as well and was my first replacement tire. The Sailun's replaced them.

wdk450

Hey all,

So half across Cali I blew a tire on the passenger side of the rv under the living room slide. And of course for the second time since I have had this rv it took out part of the wiring harness for the living room slide. No big deal I will fix it in time
However now I have noticed the fridge quit working and I can't recall if there is a wire for the fridge under that slide or if it is because the fuse labeled BR Slide? Is blown will stay blown. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I think in the morning I will sever them all and tape them up I think that's what I did last time.

Thanks and best regards
Rex

P.S. does anyone who has this same trailer or has had this trailer had any luck modifying where that wiring harness is? I want to get it as far away from the tires as possible.

When you say that the "fridge quit working" I am assuming that you have no 12 volt DC power to the fridge, and the eyebrow panel status lights and the interior light do not work. In case you do not know it, the logic circuit board that controls the refrig in all power modes runs on 12 volts DC. On my rig the refrig and stove are on the same slide, and the stovetop fan and light are driven by the same 12 volt dc line that drives the refrigerator. I had a problem with an intermittent short in this wire that kept blowing the 12 volt fuse as I drove down the road.

Make sure that all of your 12 volt dc fuses are not blown. You may need a wire tracer setup to find the broken wire. Mine went through a slideout flex strip to an under-slide connection box, then on to the fusepanel.

Here is a link to a search for wire tracer kits on E-Bay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wire+tracer+kit&_sacat=0&_sop=15

You can also find these at local home improvement stores.