water drain lines

roy2

another problem i may have not sure my freash water tank has over flow drian on it. manel shows me there is a over flow drain on the passanger side of the trailer. behind the wheels i see it thats ok now i see another one on the other side also i do have one there.is that also a drain line there to i do have some water coming out of that one on and off.i do have a frigidaire refrigerator.some were in my head i think its a drain for the refrigerator.so i guess i need your help is it a second drain for my water tank or the refrigerator. well if that is another overflow drain line and some water is coming out of it.my water tank is over flowing some since water is coming out of it.so im guessing the andersan valve is leaking into my freash water tank.i am hooked up to the water at the park im in. i am going to drain the water tank to day and see what happens.it does show it full by the gages . it is a 2019 bighorn. thank for all your help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you remove some of the screws holding the coroplast on in the vicinity of the water tank on both sides, you may be able to pull it down far enough to get a look at the tank to see if there are overflows on both sides.

danemayer

There usually are 2 fresh tank overflows, outside the frame, one on each side. They typically terminate in a 90 degree PEX fitting as pictured below. There's also a picture of how the overflow is mounted to the top corner of the tank.

The fresh tank drain sticks out through the coroplast. It's typically 6-8" long and has a valve so it can be opened to drain the tank and closed afterward. The drain tube should not leak any water if the valve is closed.

When the 4 way Anderson Valve is set to TANK, and you have campground water hooked up, the tank will overflow through the side fittings when it's full. If traveling with water in the fresh tank, the water may slosh around, reaching the top corners and you'll lose some through the overflows.

If the Anderson Valve is set to either CITY or NORMAL, the fresh tank should not be overflowing. If that's happening, take a look at our owner-written Fresh Tank Fills by Itself guide to determine whether it's a problem with the Anderson Valve, or the Water Pump, and what to do to fix it.

A Frigidaire refrigerator is a residential unit that runs on 120V AC only. It won't have a drain outside. If it has a drain pan underneath, it's probably expected that the water will evaporate.

Attachments

• Fresh Tank Overflow on tank.jpg
    Fresh Tank Overflow on tank.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 29
  • Fresh Tank Overflow.jpg
    Fresh Tank Overflow.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 28

danemayer

Dan I believe your second photo also shows a refrigerator drain line valve in the far right corner.

You're correct. That is the drain valve for the water feed line to the residential refrigerator. My mistake. I was thinking about the condensation drain lines for gas absorption refrigerators.