2020 Super Duty question

NYSUPstater

Been chatting w/ a fella who is looking at getting a '20 F350 SRW. Says it has a GVW of 12,400 and something like 5k cargo capacity (I may be off some on this) and weighs under 8,000. Am I missing something as I just don't see how you can have 5k CCC, and still have a pin close to 4k and have tire capacity 'nuff. Could someone clarify this? I looked at Ford's '20 towing guide and tho I see the 12,400, the CCC on same line is just 3700.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Flick

Been chatting w/ a fella who is looking at getting a '20 F350 SRW. Says it has a GVW of 12,400 and something like 5k cargo capacity (I may be off some on this) and weighs under 8,000. Am I missing something as I just don't see how you can have 5k CCC, and still have a pin close to 4k and have tire capacity 'nuff. Could someone clarify this? I looked at Ford's '20 towing guide and tho I see the 12,400, the CCC on same line is just 3700.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The numbers quoted above are as you said, not exact but very close. There are many variations in Ford’s specs and they all reflect the specific model and all the specific equipment on that particular vehicle as a cumulative GVWR. When Ford gives you total payload, they are not saying that minus the truck weight you can hang that much on the back for a total GVWR. Using your example, we’ll use 8000# truck, if you have 5 people averaging 200# = 1000#, full fuel with auxiliary tank 800#, extra tools etc 400#, you already have a total of 10,200# give or take. To get to the 12,400, you could only hook up an additional 2,200#. More than that, you are overloaded for a single wheel truck because that’s all the truck and tires will carry. Now if you had a drw truck, you could bump that up to 14,000 GVWR and you could carry a 3800# pin weight. I think if a person looks hard enough, you can always find some info that coincides with ones thinking. Remember that GVWR is total for that vehicle.

Restofrank

We ordered a 2020 F350 SWB the last week of December, the truck that we test drove had a GVW of 12,400lbs but it was a long bed. The door payload sticker read 4561 which I was really impressed, the truck drove really well and had an amazing amount of power.

CDN

B and B
We ordered a 2020 F350 SWB the last week of December, the truck that we test drove had a GVW of 12,400lbs but it was a long bed. The door payload sticker read 4561 which I was really impressed, the truck drove really well and had an amazing amount of power.

Hi,
That Payload makes SRW truck usable for just about any Landmark out there. So I know what I am going to buy next. I do want a SRW for daily driver, 8 ft box and cab and half. That payload is 800 lbs more than my 2016 F 350.

BLR

Since 1997 my daily driver has been a dually.. went from a F350 to a F550 and now had to drop down to a F450...

Never would I go back to SRW..

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

Oldelevatorman

Hi,
That Payload makes SRW truck usable for just about any Landmark out there. So I know what I am going to buy next. I do want a SRW for daily driver, 8 ft box and cab and half. That payload is 800 lbs more than my 2016 F 350.

Never seen a SRW with that much payload. Seems a little light for a LM if you’re pin weight is 4K like mine. Once you put fuel and hitch and people you’re at the top and nothing left for safety room. My ‘15 F350 has 5660 scaled payload so I have some extra for safety sake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Here are the exact numbers given to me. 12,400 GVW, 7,230 RAWR, 5461 payload, truck weight 7,397. Not 100% positive, but think this a diesel not their new gasser. Truck weight seems veery low to me. But if Ford and I assume GM did the same thing, they both upped their tow ratings and all, but what are they doing about tire capacity?