Window leak help

Shellye

My heartland Edge toy hauler has a leaking under the window in the garage...... this is what the interior looks like. We have resealed the windows and next guess is the weep holes (I know we should have done that first but did not know about them)

here are photos.... they seem to come from under the frame and I am hoping it is not coming from the roof and settling there... thoughts?

Attachments

• jalfYAoaRj+KG9U058kOLw.jpg
    jalfYAoaRj+KG9U058kOLw.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You resealed the exterior frame of the window on the top and both sides, correct?
If the water is coming in on the inside of the frame I suggest that you take a look up in the roof.
Check the roof and the roofline that meets the sidewall.

Peace
Dave

Bogie

We have resealed the windows and next guess is the weep holes (I know we should have done that first but did not know about them)

Barring a problem with the window frame itself, the weep holes are there to let any water that gets in the widow frame escape. I don't think I would seal/plug those.

Sealing around the top and sides of the window frame is a good start. As already stated, I would check on roof as well.

Shellye

Yes, when it stops raining that is our next step along with the weep hole cleaning.... I hope it is okay! I thought heartland roofs were known for not leaking :(

You resealed the exterior frame of the window on the top and both sides, correct?
If the water is coming in on the inside of the frame I suggest that you take a look up in the roof.
Check the roof and the roofline that meets the sidewall.

Peace
Dave

rhodies1

There are no manufactures or product lines that are not subject to leaking. As stated..check the roof line where it goes under the edge moulding. This area especially ...but all areas of your unit where caulking has been applied by the manufacture , should checked at least once per year or cracking etc.