My RV lock is sick

carl.swoyer

The top key no longer locks.
The auto lock feature now needs the code to lock.
And once again the keypad sticker has flown the coop?
The attached picture is the model I have.
Thanks
Carl Swoyer
USMC retired.
352-398-8189
288d339d9f6968c7a505b3404a090bea.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can you remove it from the door, disassemble it, and see if anything has come loose or contacts corroded? I had a problem last summer with our conventional lock being very loose. Took it apart and found a nut that holds part of the bolt mechanism was coming off. Simple fix.

carl.swoyer

Can you remove it from the door, disassemble it, and see if anything has come loose or contacts corroded? I had a problem last summer with our conventional lock being very loose. Took it apart and found a nut that holds part of the bolt mechanism was coming off. Simple fix.
Yes had it apart twice. First time when I was in Yellowstone found loose ends inside.
Today it appears that the top key hole has a very small circuit board? Maybe it's bad. I just PM 'd RV Lock's. Hopefully they can provide me with the replacement circuits.
cd939becbcbdda1778ad7e1cc093b22f.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RV Lock also sell the replacement keypads. I’ve replaced ours about 3 times over 6 years of fulltime use /ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

FWIW...we have 4 locks...after a year, one door lock started to bleed a new set of batteries in about 20 days ...contacted company....they sent a new (~$10.00) circuit board free and cured the problem...a great after.the.sale.company IMO!

carl.swoyer

RV Lock also sell the replacement keypads. I’ve replaced ours about 3 times over 6 years of fulltime use /ownership.

In Florida The adhesive dries out and the plastic decal becomes brittle. I'm thinking it's probably the fourth or fifth time. But the environment does take a toll on these things.

TravelTiger

In Florida The adhesive dries out and the plastic decal becomes brittle. I'm thinking it's probably the fourth or fifth time. But the environment does take a toll on these things.

Yes, summers with 106* days would probably take it’s toll, then we go skiing in -12 degrees....

mlpeloquin

RV Lock is very responsive. Call them. My remote failed and they sent me a new circuit board. I still have the board, because when changing it out I found a bad solder joint and fixed it.

Gary521

I have replaced all my locks a few years ago with RVlocksandmore single key system. I have never had an issue with my key not turning or anything else.------- hmmmmm!

danemayer

Mine had problems last summer. After 5 years the deadbolt would only either partially close, or not move at all when locking. If I recall correctly, there are 3 boards. One on the inside half and two on the outside half.

There was some uncertainty over whether it was the main board on the inside, or the board under the keypad. I replaced both - $9.99 for each board. However, they had updated one of the designs such that it wasn't compatible with the old style 3rd board that produces the beeps. So they sent me the small 3rd board at no charge. I also put in a new keypad membrane and got 2 extra keys.

No charge for 2 calls to tech support on a 5 year old lock.

Total cost to me, including shipping: $46.40. I'm pretty happy with that outcome.

carl.swoyer

Just called RV Locks.
Ordered 2 new circuit boards, 2 number membranes, 1 L bracket for the top cylinder and a replacement foam water seal.
I asked if they were still monitoring the Heartland forum and she said " I don't think so".
Just an FYI on that.
Probably why no response to my PM.
But I did get excellent service and a nice military discount

TravelTiger

Just called RV Locks.
Ordered 2 new circuit boards, 2 number membranes, 1 L bracket for the top cylinder and a replacement foam water seal.
I asked if they were still monitoring the Heartland forum and she said " I don't think so".
Just an FYI on that.
Probably why no response to my PM.
But I did get excellent service and a nice military discount

Good to hear they took care of you!

FYI, they often donate products for us to give away at rallies. So they do still care about the club!