Newbie question

md80max

Hello,

New to this forum, new Heartland Bighorn owner of a 2016 3270RS.

Have only had the opportunity to use it twice now and both times I have, of course, winterized it before storing and my question is this...

Are there not any low water drains on these Bighorns? I have followed the instructions as listed at the water/sewer control panel, water heater in bypass, drain water heater, select winterize and with on board pump fill all lines with RV water system anti-freeze but was surprised to find there are no low water drains. This is my 5th RV to own over the years and the my first experience with this situation and unexpected as you would imagine.

I look forward to any replies and I thank you in advance!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Heartland discontinued putting low point drains on their rigs a few years ago. Seems there was a problem with water freezing in them for owners that camped during cold weather or forgetting to properly winterize them during the process. There were some posts a while back about them being tucked up under the coroplast, but I think that's no longer the case. So long as you flow antifreeze through all faucets (including properly winterizing the washer if you have one) until it's true pink, you should be OK. Blowing the lines out with compressed air beforehand and when ready to dewinterize helps get it cleared, too.

md80max

Heartland discontinued putting low point drains on their rigs a few years ago. Seems there was a problem with water freezing in them for owners that camped during cold weather or forgetting to properly winterize them during the process. There were some posts a while back about them being tucked up under the coroplast, but I think that's no longer the case. So long as you flow antifreeze through all faucets (including properly winterizing the washer if you have one) until it's true pink, you should be OK. Blowing the lines out with compressed air beforehand and when ready to dewinterize helps get it cleared, too.

Thank you sir, really appreciate it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine, being an older rig, has low point drains. So they’re part of my winterizing/dewinterizing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Our 2018 3270RS Doesn't have any, only a fresh water tank drain, oh and also a residential fridge ice maker line drain valve. I personally use air pressure to blow out the lines and then add anti freeze to the traps and the potty.