Monument Valley Advice

Georgia_Biker

OK - starting to plan an early fall run out West and was looking at Monument Valley, UT. It seems like a few years ago there were a few places to camp around there but, it seems to have dried up.

I already have Moab locked down for a week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gary521

Stay at Goulding's in Monument Valley. It is right across from the visitors center and it has a restaurant. If you are into photography, get in touch with a local as you will need this to get into great areas. By local I mean a native Navajo.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Come on out to Zion National Park. Lots of great places to stay. You drive into the park, catch the shuttle and get off at any and all stops that you want. Great town just out side the park for food and drink and shopping all over the place.

Georgia_Biker

Stay at Goulding's in Monument Valley. It is right across from the visitors center and it has a restaurant. If you are into photography, get in touch with a local as you will need this to get into great areas. By local I mean a native Navajo.
Many thanks - I will check it out

Last edited by a moderator:

JJnVA

We stayed at Goulding's in 2012! Saw some pretty sunsets from the campground. Small John Wayne museum next to the Lodge & restaurant. They show his movies in the evenings - was a fun Western blast from the past. Enjoy

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Go to Zion and stay at Zion River RV Resort! Its beautiful and there is SO MUCH to see and explore.

Rod

If your into boondocking both goosenecks and the comb wash area has some easy access off the highway, although the comb wash and cedar Mesa will have to be from hwy. 95 out of Blanding, Ut. We stayed at a small park in Bluff called the Cadillac ranch a couple times, A nice little overnighter with full hook ups.

I also wouldn’t rule out camping at lake Powell since your in the area, Their is a nice park at Wahweep marina outside of Page, Az.

Jonaha

My friends visited Monument Valley last fall. They really liked it, and besides, they took a lot of cool photos in this place, when they showed them to me, I also really wanted to go there. In general, my friends always have after each trip, even if to the nearest lake, a lot of cool photos and this place seems magical. Sometimes when you arrive there alone, you feel a slight disappointment. I thought that they had some talent for making such excellent photos, but as it turned out later, you can learn how to do this. I just started using tips from this source, but I already get good shots. I think that I will soon begin to bring from my trips not only a lot of impressions, but also a lot of cool photos that will remind me of this for a long time.