water leak

roy2

hello guys i have a 2019 bighorn bath and a half. the back bathroom i seem to have a little water leak behind the toilet comeing from the bottom of the wall. havent used the shower in a while i did do the black water tanks a few days ago. dont think its that valve back there for the black tanks.so trying to find out how i can get the sliding door off that hinge on the top.then i can maybe pull the wall out some so maybe i can see back inside the wall.i did go into that cover in the shower opened that up and looked inside couldnt find any wet pipes in there.any help i can use thanks roy.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not sure if you know this or not. In the wall behind the shower is the anti siphon valves for the black tank flush. you could put the water going to flush tank and check again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Definitely take a real hard look at that Anti-siphon valve. That cheap piece of plastic has caused many a headache for owners. And it might not be located behind that little access port, either. They've been known to hide them in a wall cavity with no access other than grabbing the lines and ripping it out. Could have used an anger management class when mine broke.

roy2

Not sure if you know this or not. In the wall behind the shower is the anti siphon valves for the black tank flush. you could put the water going to flush tank and check again.
ya i know its there its been maybe a week since i used it to flush the tanks. its highter than the one i had in my other 5wheel it leaked each time i flushed the tanks in that one. even the new one i paid ti think 35 .00 for it it leaked the first time i used it i always put a thick towel were the valve was that worked better. i would think it would of leaked sooner.i checked the roof for the pipe vent for something there its sealed good up there. thats the only thing back there that can leak like that.im going to have to pull the wall out i guess.or is there any other ideas to check on it.

Gary521

Bypass the anti-siphon valve altogether. Its not necessary. Place a check valve inside at the water connection for the flush. This will keep water from backing up into your hose should all else fail. A lot of us have done this. No sense ripping the wall apart if you do not have to.

mlpeloquin

Get rid of the plastic valves. Replace with a Cash Acme Brass 1/2-in FNPT Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker and add Shark Bite fittings. $16.00

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Cash-Acme-Brass-1-2-in-FNPT-Anti-Siphon-Vacuum-Breaker/1000385647

roy2

hello again well i checked into the check valve got the check valve. they didnt have the 90 deg elbow have to find that. in the mine time looked inside the wall there no room to move the valve or trying to get a wrench in there no room at all . so back to pulling the wall or cut a hole in the wall behind that area were the hole is in the shower.so any other ideas.

mlpeloquin

There should be a round plastic cover to give access in the shower. Turn it and it should give you proper access. Plumbing is PEX. Get a PEX cutter for 1/2" pipe and do make sure you have the cut at 90 degrees. pull it down and take note as to which side in in flow and out. Put some tape on the inflow and use shark bite to put it back together. Otherwise purchase a good ratiching PEX crimp tool and the crimps to go with it. I did the crimp tool, but shark bites are easy. Use a mirror to make sure you are cutting the check valve lines and not the shower head line.

Flick

hello again well i checked into the check valve got the check valve. they didnt have the 90 deg elbow have to find that. in the mine time looked inside the wall there no room to move the valve or trying to get a wrench in there no room at all . so back to pulling the wall or cut a hole in the wall behind that area were the hole is in the shower.so any other ideas.

Believe it or not, I had the very same type of water leak in the very same place and it stumped me also. Back bathroom, behind the toilet and it showed up after I had drained my rear black tank that also is used for the sink. I summarized that there couldn’t be any plumbing connections in the wall. There was no flush mechanism on that tank. The only way to rinse the tank is to pour a good volume of water in the toilet. The problem I had must have originated from the water in the toilet during the rinse. It couldn’t go down fast enough and was forced on the floor where the toilet is mounted. This could be your problem unless the toilet valve has a leak. I know you say the leak is at the wall, but that will be the last place to dry. I would dry it up and see if it happens again. Mine never leaked again and it’s been a year.
What I did do to help me monitor was purchase a few water alarms from Lowe’s called the Watchdog Water Alarm for $12 each. I put one under every sink, under the washer, in the basement and behind that back bathroom toilet. Any small leak will cause a very shrill noise. My wife tells me I’m deaf and I can hear it clean across the rig. We used to use these on our boat where water seemed to always be a problem. They are battery operated and the battery last for 5 years. They’re great in areas that may have a leak that are not always checked.

mlpeloquin

I am sorry I did not read your original post properly. Unless you have a sink behind your bathroom wall, you indeed may have a toilet valve or seal leak. Filling it full and dumping should not cause a leak. The valve should not leak. The valve and seal are easy to do and not expensive. I did my valve a few months before I traded it in to add a sprayer and changed the toilet out two years prior which included an new seal. Seals are cheep and the valve isn't that expensive. Once done properly, there should not be a leak. If you suspect the valve, put some paper towels around it without allowing it to touch the floor. Fill, flush, and check. Verify where the leak is and then you know which you need to repair.